Sunday, November 21, 2010

I feel tight...but not too tight..

So, when I was at the office on Wed, I got 0.25 added...I felt that I have had decent restriction, in the sense that I could eat basically anything when eating slow/small bites (which i am not always good about) but at the same time, I felt hungry often and was eating an entire entree of pasta out on Tuesday night! it was tough for me to decide because I had had some PB moments but most were bc I was not being smart. anyway, decided to go for a smidge fill.

Wed I ate like crap (ice cream cake for someones bday) but I generally did notice a bit more of tightness. Thursday and Friday I ate well though..soup, mushy type foods. I had salad one day for lunch but ate very small bites and very small portion. What I have noticed, as many of you are/have experienced, I am very tight in the AM. I have no issues with liquids but it is tough to eat anything solid right away. in addition, my current level of tightness is really teaching/showing me that I have GOT to follow good bandster eating rules. Now, the past two days I have learned the hard way, but I really don't think I am too tight. I think this level is just showing me that I have to eat slow, small bites. It is a good reminder of what I'm doing, what I'm eating, why, etc. I had gotten a bit too comfortable and had stalled so I am thinking of this as a refocus.

Some of the posts about what everyone is eating was somewhat of a reinforcer for me that I probably needed a smidge of a fill and more importantly, needed to refocus! I feel like when I first started, I ate very well and nutritious. I have never deprived myself, but generally showed more discipline. Over the last month, I feel like i have eaten crap. a lot of pasta, sweets, etc. I was honestly too embarrassed to even post what I ate some days, let alone on a daily basis. the only consistency I seemed to have was skim latte in the AM with a fiber one bar. But, your posts were helpful and insightful and reminded me of when I first started and really focused on my eating. I do know everyone has their own path and I too have done well, but I want to refocus on healthy foods and eating habits.

This weekend, one of my best friends (does not know about band) was in town from Chi..it was a little bit of a test with my new fill level and showed me that I really need to focus!!! we went to brunch y'day and I got some chili..even still, I took too big of bites and noticed I got a bit stuck (and had no bathroom in sight)..i ended up having to pb into a napkin (i am sure others saw but my friend did not) I did though successfully eat a hot dog at the stadium with no issues (eating very slow, small bites, minimal bread)...to explain the hot dog, we went to the ND v. Army football game at Yankee stadium...it was totally awesome and fun! i love college football and i love ND (being Irish and Catholic). I saw so many cute guys there and it made me excited to continue on this journey and hopefully meet someone in the near future. We ended up crashing last night bc we were dead after the game but went to brunch today. I played it safe with some yogurt and granola (so not like me) and noticed even then I had to go very slow.. I also noticed though that as the brunch went on, I got a little looser which was good. I don't think though that I will be able to go to any early meals for now, but I'm ok with that (especially bc I like to and usually sleep in!!).

I lost weight this week in the challenge (~3 lbs from last week) but i also had a lot of water weight last week..but i'll take it. from the start of the journey, I am down 77.8. I had hoped that I would be farther by now but I know this is still great and I will keep pushing. I feel re-motivated post this last fill and this will be a good test for me this week with food at work mon/tues then home for the rest of the week..looking forward to getting away!

have to go do work reviews now..hope everyone has a great week!

3 comments:

  1. I think it is so good to read other blogs and feel re-energized and re-focused. Your post today has done that for me. I think I had a few days of crap eating last week, so I think I will get back on track.

    Congrats on being 77.8 lbs down. Such an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing great! I hope this fill works out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how you feel, but please know how great you are doing! You are way ahead of me, it has taken me over a year to lose 69 lbs!

    It's great to see that you got a little tweek and that you are focusing on being a good bandster! It is so easy to forget what we learned in the beginning. The posts about what everyone is eating really helped me, too. <3

    ReplyDelete