So, last week was busy, but good. I worked the entire weekend prior on a deal and had to cancel a work trip to Dallas as a result of the deal. was so bummed because I was going to see two of my best friends who live in Dallas and stay the night with them and celebrate my bday...sadly didn't work out. Deal was so stressful (my boss is on maternity leave, so it is all me..going head to head with MDs from other big IBanks..) but ended up ok and priced successfully on Tuesday, which happened to be my bday. Lucky for me, my older bro was in town for work so we went to a really nice dinner. We went to a restaurant called Marea that is supposedly the place to go for the food (my brother is a huge foodie..I'm a mini foodie but no comparison to him). it was very pricey but definitely delicious..so good! also, had some good sightings (Goldie Hahn, Top Chef Pastry host, and Maria Bartiromo and Hank Greenberg (only finance dorks think that is cool))..needless to say though, had cake or some form of dessert to celebrate Monday, Tuesday and Wed! Am not pumped about getting a year older but I also feel like this is my year...this is the year to conquer this beast for good and find true happiness in myself..
So, on Thursday night I flew home for my friend's wedding in ATL. it is one of my best friends from HS (we actually have gone to school together since 2nd grade) and I was a reader. On Friday I had to attend the bridesmaid luncheon, rehearsal and rehearsal dinner..Saturday afternoon was the wedding and then the reception was that night. I have a great group of HS friends (girls and guys) who are VERY close and have the best time together, so was looking forward to it!
Well, I have to be honest, I felt so great this weekend..like so great. I had seen some people in July (have lost an addl 20 since then) and had gotten a good amount of comments on my weight loss but some I had not seen since the spring. It is not the attention that is the best part (though never mind it!) but the fact that people can tell!! Well, I felt like a superstar on Friday night. I had my hair straightened, which is a treat bc not many people do it well bc it is so curly and frizzy, and I had bought this great, fitted knit dress that hugged every curve and was very trendy..wore with black tights and a pair of my fave shoes that completed the outfit. My girlfriends were all very complimentary and so sweet...on the dress, my hair and my weight loss. Well, when I got to the dinner and saw my best guy friends (and their fiances), they went nuts. the one fiance who i love, was flabbergasted and said i looked skinny (i laughed a bit). long story short, I felt really great and loved and supported..i still felt like the bigger girl but it was the best i have felt in a social situation outfit/size wise through this process...Saturday wedding was great as well, and got a lot of compliments on that dress too (though wish i had realized how much cleavage it had..i like cleavage, but was a bit much!!). Wedding of course was a blast with tons of dancing, craziness and my friends having a blast...
coming back was hard (hence it is 1;30 and I am awake) because it is a bit of a let down, and I also have a lot of work to do. I have yet though to really refocus on my goals/this journey and it is time. week one in the challenge saw a 0.2 gain and that just won't work. This weekend and the feelings I had reminded me of why i want to do this and continue..not the attention or people complimenting me...but how I felt..secure, pretty, sexy, etc....i deserve that..I want that..it is up to me...
A few pics from the weekend...i would tell everyone to go buy the black dress i wore bc i loved it, got so many compliments on it (girls asking me if it was trina turk or alice and olivia (couldn't fit in those brands if I tried) and it hugs every curve and hinds your arms (i hate mine)...it wasn't cheap but fairly reasonable and I used a coupon at Lord and Taylors!!



Your outfit sounded so cute! I'm so happy you felt beautiful. That's what it's all about :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you had so much fun. Getting together with good friends is the best, especially when you feel like a million bucks!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a great weekend! I'll keep my fingers crossed that you break through your plateau.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the offer of sending a dress to me for my cruise. I really appreciate it. I can totally relate to what you are saying about the gym. I finally reached out through my gym's facebook page to another woman who was looking for a gym partner. We are going to meet when I get back from the cruise. I really need to start working out to get the scale moving. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving.
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic!! And, happy b-day, fellow Scorpio! Give it some months and gym time, but you'll be in Trina Turk and Alice & Olivia eventually -- mark my words!! (I am wearing a Trina Turk dress right now as I type this!)
ReplyDeleteWay to rock it on that deal!