I have been in such a major funk...food/weight/band wise, work-wise, general demeanor, etc. I know that it is all intertwined but it is definitely not a great feeling. Not being happy with work, and working so long that I don't sleep is a start, and then with the lack of sleep, I become very emotional, and leads to eating. The past two weeks and certain instances have shown me that this is indeed a journey and something I continue to have to fight and push against. I will not turn back and give up everything that I have worked so hard for. Eating a box of bon bons in one sitting (mistake one is buying the bon bons)...that was the old me...It didn't make me feel better or heal anything. I have to continue to fight that destructive behavior.
Part of me wonders if I got too much taken out in my unfill, but the other part of me thinks that I really need to focus on my healthy eating..Jacque did a great post about being on a diet and that the band is a tool. I really need to use this tool but I need to hold up on my end of the bargain, including making smart decisions, eating because I am hungry and eating slowly and healthy. I have lost 115 pounds but have really been in a standstill over the last month. I want to continue going and restart after this plateau.
Anyways, I am not where I wish I was at this point, but I'm going to push through. In thinking about how to get out of my funk, here are some of my thoughts/plans. I think having a new goal will be good for me and get me motivated and competitive. I am flying home to ATL on July 1st, and then my mom and I are going to Anguilla for vaca until the following Monday (to say I am excited is an understatement...ahh!! we are splurging but deserve it!). As of tomorrow, there are 18 days until I leave for ATL...between now and then, I would like to lose 10 pounds...now that is a lot right now, especially how slow I have been losing, but I would always rather try to reach as high as possible. I feel like if I really focus and think about what I am doing though, I could make it. In terms of my plan and some things I want to make sure to do/avoid:
*Drink 64 oz of water a day...i have been so bad about this and in the days/weeks I have done it, I feel so much better. TMI, but it also really helps in terms of going to the restroom
*Eat balanced, healthy meals..no pizza, nachos or chinese (yes, I have had all three of these the past week). Also, really focus on portions and eating slowly
*Frozen Yogurt only once per week...i have gotten into this habit at work where I have fro yo every day..(where we have 4 different soft serve frozen yogurt machines) ..I need to get back to it being a treat vs. an every day thing.
*Avoid the afternoon/mindless snacking...no 4pm chips or candy bc I'm bored or frustrated...if I am hungry, I will eat a string cheese, a yogurt, some almonds or a 100 calorie cracker pack
*Exercise three times a week (plus pilates)
These are just some of the things I need to do/be focusing on but all of these are doable and will be steps in the right direction. I really want to do this and get a lil jump start back on track. The band decision is the best thing I have ever done, I have lost a lot of weight and am very happy with what I have done..BUT, I am not done...not only from a health perspective, but I am also not where I myself want to be....I realize there are bumps in the road but I'm ready to move forward!
Sunday, June 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
OH...I understand the bad cycles with sleep, work stress etc. But you always seem to have a pattern of jumping back on the wagon, so I know you will be OK. I always love your posts because sometimes our feelings are so parallel...I have 1 work week till vacation in San Fran...I'm glad you have a wonderful vacation to look forward to.
ReplyDeleteYou have the right attitude. It's easy to get in a bad cycle (what ever the cause) and completely go off the rails. The key is not to think we won't (I have many times) but remember how to get on the right track again.
ReplyDeleteYour vacation sounds amazing!!!
Sending you love and wishes to de-funkafy your life. You've done so awesome up until this point...you probably just need to breath and regroup and get back to doing everything you did right after surgery. It's certainly tough and a very long road but one I'm sure you can successfully travel.
ReplyDeleteYou have done so well, and have a lot to be proud of. I know it's hard to see it that way, but these 14 months since you were banded have been a great success!!
ReplyDeleteI think your plan and your goals are excellent! Let's go Type A personality!!!
hugs!
Annie
Good luck on your goals-- I'm sure you'll make progress before your vacation, which sounds wonderful.
ReplyDeleteYou can do it!!! The lack of sleep is the worst and what I struggle with as our 3 year old comes into our bed every night. It zaps all your energy that you need to stay focused. 115 llbs in 14 weeks is just beyond incredible! Your vacation sounds amazing and I am very jealous.
ReplyDeleteyou can do this! And of course, having a fun and fabulous vacation with your mom is a great motivator- she will be so proud of your progress and you can be proud of it too and enjoy your time off :)
ReplyDeleteHi! Haven't heard from you in a while and wonder how you are doing. Any chance you are going to Chicago? Would love to catch up again - maybe we can meet in NYC.
ReplyDelete