Friday, June 3, 2011

Unfill has led to some old eating habits

After a hellish week of work last week, I left early on Friday and got an unfill with Dr. K. Having literally not slept on Thursday night (horrible I know), I fell asleep on the exam table waiting for Dr. K so when she walked in and had to wake me up, I was very out of it. I had been getting nervous about all the stuck and PB episodes I was having so I thought I would get a lil bit taken out. She took out 0.2ccs...let me tell you I feel like I have no restriction. I keep wondering if she took out more by accident. Over the past week I have eaten like CRAP...way too much food, mindless eating, not following proper band rules. What the past week brings to light is that the Band is a tool, not a solution. I have to hold up my end of the bargain and that I must consistently fight through mindless and emotional eating. I still do wonder if perhaps I wasn't too tight and was just not eating properly or following band rules, but I decided I need to actually use this unfill to eat nutritiously and balanced as I really had not been eating "well" to feed my body the nutrients it needs. At the same time, I need to do a lil digging to make sure that I am being healthy and mindful and working the band...I have come too far to slip back into old habits and I want to continue on this journey and succeed!

7 comments:

  1. It's so maddening when the difference between overfilled and underfilled is a single drop. Last night I threw up a couple bites of watered-down and blended turkey chili. REALLY?!?! But when I had 0.1 less, I could eat an entire house.

    It really is all about the head. And that thing is tough to change.

    Good luck, hang in there. We'll figure this out at some point, right??

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many of us are posting about head hunger. It is so frustrating. I hope you are able to get back on track. I might need a small fill myself, but as you said the Band is a tool, not a solution. If only it were.

    Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I was unfilled, I went insane haha. I had been too too tight for too too long, and just missed being able to actually ingest food without hours of discomfort. Once everything settled down, and I was able to have a tweak, it got a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Head hunger is driving me crazy!!! I can eat way too much.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there. I had pretty much the same experience as Liz did.... I was way too tight.... barely eating anything as a result... for quite a while... when i had the slight unfill, I went on a post-adjustment binge.... and after about a month (luckily the scale didn't slap me) I got my act together and have been back to following the rules... and when I do, I find I have sufficient restriction to make this work. You'll get there

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know all about unfills but you did the right thing! I've been totally unfilled for 3 weeks now and I still got stuck last night big time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my...I hope you have gotten some good sleep! I find that when I am tired, I want to eat more junk. Maybe that's part of the issue - being super tired and stressed out?

    ReplyDelete