Work has kicked my butt this week, working most nights till midnight and am so tired but need to post..need accountability and an opportunity to vent and remember that this too shall pass...i want to do bullet points but don't know how to format for this (despite being able to run excel models, technology is not my forte)....i will thus do *s
*I have done well in my job and am viewed positively I think, but sometimes I feel so overwhelmed, unprepared, not smart enough, a phony, etc. this is usually when I don't sleep well and it all becomes circular. Work has been such a big part of my life and I am proud of what I have accomplished but still have yet to figure out if it is my true passion (or what would be if it isn't) or what I am destined to do..Not sure if I stay because I am used to it/don't like change and for the money...in addition, not sure if giving up so much of my personal life for work is worth it..
*When I am exhausted and don't have time to get lunch/dinner, it is not a good idea to have two magnolia cupcakes...having motivation and a great day of eating on Monday only to then eat horribly tues and wed is not ideal...consistency is very important and something I need to work on. I need to push through to my next goal...i have been sitting at this weight, not really focusing or moving the scale..i can do it though.
*I am loving reading blogs and am reminded of the amazement of this journey/process..i haven't had a chance to comment on anyone, which is unacceptable but hope to do that this weekend or Monday..the blogs are a comfort for me as I read but I must provide others the comfort/support as well
*I have got to get some new suits for work..I have been getting by generally for work with black pants/skirts and old tops that just fit better...I am not dressing business formal as I should be but women can fudge it given we don't wear ties. But, when I have to wear suits for meetings, as in today, I am in a jam. today, my parents were literally falling off me at different points..a good thing I know..just need to find some suits to get me through..
*did have an NSV yesterday as a banker I haven't seen for almost 6 months said I looked great (and it was when I looked like I had been run over by a truck, but I forgot he hadn't seen me recently)..nice to know people can see the difference
*Thanks for the thought about my Mom...she is doing better but still is dealing with some health stuff, but working on it...i just love her so much and wish I could fix everything for her..
*Am supposed to fly home tomorrow night for the weekend and to host a wedding shower...haven't packed and am still not sure if my flight will work, in terms of taking Friday off work...hoping it will work out..
*i can't wait for beverly hills housewives to start...i am obsessed with all Housewives shows except Atlanta
I am about to fall asleep and this post is so dis jointed and not making a ton of sense...tempted not to publish, but oh well...the sun will come out tomorrow!
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear your Mom is going better. I am thinking of her and wishing her a comfortable recovery.
ReplyDeleteGreat NSV! It is always nice when people start to notice! Good luck with the shower, hope it all works out! <3
I can't find your email address or I would just email directly but posting is the only way I know how to get to you! Just checking in! It's been a while since we got a post from you and I just wanted you to know that I noticed! Hope everything is ok!
ReplyDeleteHey girl- I just saw your question about the challenge- I never post anyones actual weight, just the % they lose each week so no worries!! let me know if you have anymore questions!
ReplyDelete