Thursday, September 30, 2010

Things are looking up..so glad sisterhood clothes went well...and getting back to the basics

Am catching up on everything so needed to do a post! have LOVED reading about BOOBs, but haven't had a chance to properly comment/post...

First, on the personal front, thank you very much for your concern/thoughts. My mom is dealing with some medical issues and it has been very stressful and challenging...was home in ATL for less than 48 hours but being there for the ones you love is something you will never regret. But, appts are happening/scheduled and on a path to hopefully getting better...I ate a bit more than I have been and did experience a bit of emotional/mindless eating, but overall, much less so than I have in the past and would call it a 3/10 on the severity scale..don't think it is "ok" and while I want to recognize it is still a challenge, I also need to recognize how far i have come..

Switching topics, I have loved seeing everyone's photos/posts about Chicago..it really seems like it was great...filled with a range of emotions but overall a very powerful experience...hopefully I can make the next one. I was tickled pink (ode to my favorite Steel Magnolias) that the Sisterhood clothes I sent were well received...As I posted previously I sent a box of clothes out to Chicago for the Sisterhood and Catherine handled them. I was very excited about sending these clothes..it was exciting for me to go through and have clothes too big, and in addition, I felt very good about passing on and helping hopefully other people. Well, Catherine said that everything went great, and I was so excited to see the clothes and how great everything looked on everyone..it really is so cool to see things passed on! You absolutely must see Catherine's post ..it was very special for me to read and touched me..

On the band front...I am stuck..not physically, but scale/losing weight wise and focus wise. Over the past month I have plateaued and fluctuated 2 lbs up and down. I have been careless and not really thinking and kind of just going with the motions. still smaller portions and nothing crazy, but I have not been making food choices that will help me lose weight..I feel good about where I have come from but I need to propel onward for the second half of the journey...I need to be more accountable and get back to some basics, especially as it will be tougher to lose more weight given what I have already lost. Besides making smart food choices, I want to continue working on eating SLOW and really focusing on my meals..I know I can do it and hope that next week I have some progress to report..

TGIF and I look forward to posting comments on the blogs I have read through but haven't been able to post on...and am excited to have found more blogger friends/blogs to read!!

3 comments:

  1. Loved seeing Catherine's post with your clothes going out to some other bandsters! That was so kind of you to do!
    I'm with you on the plateau... Same two up and down. We need to focus and it'll start moving downward again soon!
    Glad to hear your mom's health is moving towards getting better.Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your observation that Chicago was "filled with a range of emotions but overall a very powerful experience" sums it up perfectly. As I said before, being the recipient of your sisterhood clothes was one of the highlights of the trip for me so thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your Mother is doing better, my thoughts are with you and your family.

    I saw the posts about the clothes you sent to Chicago! You are amazing, what a wonderful idea. Everyone looked so happy and of course fabulous in their new clothes! Sisterhood is the best!

    I am routing for you this week! You know what you have to do and I know you CAN do it! <3

    ReplyDelete