On to sisterhood clothes! Awhile ago I posted about how I had a lot of clothes to pass on and really wanted to share, but I am not good at mailing so I wanted to see if anyone might be interested in receiving the box and get dibs on it.....well, Catherine was so lovely and offered to receive the box despite the fact that none of the clothes would work for her (hello..she is skinny minny!)...how thoughtful and kind of Catherine, which I really appreciate.
So, knowing I was going to mail stuff out, I have been in the process of cleaning out clothes, sorting things, etc. Given my lack of mailing skill (while I don't have a phobia, I always plan on mailing stuff and have good intention on getting to the post office but I never seem to make it to the post office on time), I of course waited until the last minute and realized on Sunday I needed to get going! So, I loaded a rolling suitcase and duffel with clothes and took it to work on Monday, hoping I could go after work to mail it. Got stuck at work late but ran out at 9:45 and then hustled to the post office (only in NY is one open until 10pm!). Of course had to buy a box, stuff everything in, tape it, etc..I looked like an idiot trying to get everything in and properly tape it, but luckily the woman working at the post office was nice and I was there until 10:20ish...I asked her if she could tell I didn't frequent the post office a lot and she laughed..
Here is a photo of me mailing the box (and the nice woman who helped me and my horrible taping job) as the first step in the sisterhood clothes journey!


In the box is a hodge podge of stuff and sizes...two suits, nice pair of jeans never worn, a few blazers, etc..I hope that some of the things might work for people! Hope everyone has a great time in Chicago!!
PS -- this is the first time I successfully posted a link! haha..not super tech savvy..
Wish you were joining us!!!
ReplyDeleteHi there! I am a new (as in, just yesterday) NYC bandster! I love your blog, and have just started following you after reading through the entire thing.
ReplyDeleteHope meet you soon!
So great!! Everything got there just fine, and by now you should have an e-mail from me with a bunch of photos of happy bandsters who inherited your clothes!
ReplyDeleteI can't tell you how thrilled I am by the clothes that you passed on. I mean - Ann Klein suits! Calvin Klein sweater! Jeans! A really cute black dress top! I hit the mother load and feel bad that I haven't even been following you. Well, I definitely am now and am looking forward to following your journey. Looks like you've been extremely successful.
ReplyDeleteHi MLM! I'm a new follower and the proud recipient of a bunch of the clothes. Catherine said she was going to send you some pictures of me in them. I LOVE THEM!!! I especially love the dark suit with the skirt and the black criss-cross top. I had to leave a few of my old, nearly too big articles of clothing behind at the hotel so I could fit everything in my bag. Thank you so much!
ReplyDelete