As I thought about the situation and any bright spots, I was thinking how I have no desire to eat to help me cope... I am not thinking about food or obsessing on it as a way to numb myself and try to forget this situation... This is a huge nsv for me... In past situations, food would be the thing I would use to help comfort me.... A very nice feeling..
In terms of the band and food, it has been cooperating. My girls weekends tend to center around fun brunches and dinners (and wine!) but my band behaved and I had no problem. I didn't really eat any differently than my friends, who are all thin, but I just tried to eat smaller portions than I used to (aka normal sized portions like they would eat).. I didn't feel deprived and enjoyed very good food. I have also gotten good about chewing a lot as I eat slowly. Felt so much love and happiness being with my friends an itwas a good distraction...
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Location:Train from Philly to NYC
I am from Philly myself, we live in Orlando now but we were there over 30 years. Alot of us banded bloggers had a great girls' weekend in Chicago this weekend. It was so much fun. I hope you got to enjoy s little girl time before your time was cut short and I hope your family is alright. *Maria*-blogger from "This one time at BAND Camp..." Follow my journey at mybigfatbandgeeklife.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteSorry you couldn't make the boobs gathering, but really appreciated the clothes. Sorry your weekend was cut short and hope all is okay.
ReplyDeleteAlso sorry you couldn't make it to BOOBs... I just happened to find your blog b/c Catherine mentioned your Sisterhood donations. Sounds like Bonnie made out like a band-it! (Get it???) I kill me. LOL
ReplyDeleteAnyhow, you got banded right before me (April 28th) & are doing SOOO good. Over 65#? WOW. I'm barely at 40. Way to go!
I've been negligent on my blog as well, so that's probably why. This trip has me back on the band-wagon, so to speak (as I sip my Starbucks chai tea latté)!
Check out my blog... & keep up the great work!!!
Blessings,
Robin at Band on the Run
I hope that you are OK and that all will be fine. It could be a nice distraction to check out my last post, which is about that giant box of clothing you sent to Chicago. :) :) Hang in there -- you are in my thoughts.
ReplyDeleteHope all is ok with the family but I wanted to say congrats on the NSV. :)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your triumph over emotional eating. I think that is such a WIN!! I also have just started following you. I had to click on your link that Catherine put up in her post about you getting clothes ready for the ladies that went to the BOOBS weekend. Such a wonderful person. Keep up the good work.
ReplyDelete