So I am flying right now to Omaha for a client meeting...I am on one of the small express jets. While I have fit better in plane and train seats for awhile, when I sat down today and buckled in comfortably, I remembered my last trip to see this client @ Nov 2009. I was traveling with male colleagues that I didn't know very well. Sure enough, one gets seated across the aisle from me. While I plunkered down in the seat, the seat belt didn't fit. I tried to stay calm while dying inside, hoping he didn't notice, but it took so many tries and manuvering it would have been impossible for him not too. While the seatbelt buckled, I was humiliated and from then on remembering having nightmares about traveling for work and not fitting in the seat and can remember praying with my mom that the seatbelt would fit for a business trip and I wouldn't have a problem, especially after that celebrity got liked off the plane. While I still do have a bit of fear about small planes, it doesn't haunt me like it did and I have been flying for over 2 hours now and my thighs have not made the arm rest rise up. What a blessing and something reaffirming the importance of this journey!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's fantastic!!!
ReplyDeleteI know the anxiety leading up the the dreaded airplane seatbelt! I'm glad that the horror is part of your past!
I traveled for my surgery and I flew one leg of the journey in a small, older plane like that and I barely got the belt buckeled. It is WONDERFUL not having to worry about that anymore!
ReplyDeleteAMAZING NSV!!!! Congrats lady!! xoxo
ReplyDeleteAWESOME!!! Congrats!!!
ReplyDeleteExcellent NSV, congrats!
ReplyDeleteThat is my next nsv goal!!! I have a flight in November so we shall see! I gave you an award on my blog btw!
ReplyDelete