Thursday, September 9, 2010

Thousand Word Thursday

So it is Thousand word Thursday from Amy at Babbles of a Bandster (she is so nice and such a hoot!)...each week is a new topic and you answer the question with a picture..The topic this week is:

A decoration in your home that is very meaningful to you - a family heirloom, a gift from your BFF, etc.

Now, this one is a lil tough for me as I live in about 400 square feet in a rented apt that is falling apart (I am working on getting a new apartment..or at least I say I am)...I don't really have grown up furniture yet, which sounds ridiculous to me given I am a grown adult but my apartment is so small...that is one of my goals in addition to getting a new apartment.

So, given I don't really have any decorations/furniture that I love/cherish, I thought of the things I do cherish the most in my home..here is what I came up with:

This is my "Mother's Love Pillow"..one of my prized possessions...this is a very old pillow that was my Mom's..it is so perfectly squishy and the best pillow ever. when we were younger we would always try to steal this pillow because we all loved it but my Mom would never part with it. As I have noted before, my Mom is basically my heart, so when I went to college, she gave me her pillow..Growing up my mom would always say "Mother's Love" on the phone or when she would say goodnight, so it was my Mother's Love pillow to hug and comfort me when I was away...well, there have been so many times, almost 10 years since I was gifted that pillow, that I still hug it and when I will speak to my Mom, she will tell me to hug my pillow and feel the comfort of mother's love..

These were also a gift from my mother and are beautiful earrings..they are not my favorite because of how nice and lovely they are, but what they represent. These were my Mom's earrings from my Dad that she gave me about three years ago at Christmas. AFter battling financial challenges for much of our lives (while never going without!), my Dad had a great year at work and gave my Mom these earrings. Roughly 10 years later at this Christmas, times were tough in terms of getting gifts...well, my Mom gave me her earrings...I was shocked and didn't want to take them but she said she wanted me to have them and it brought her so much joy to see me wear them and enjoy them...I really think of it as more of a loan but I just cherish these earrings because of the love and selflessness they represent..I really treasure them and wear them 90% of the time..

Hope everyone is having a good week..TGIF...

2 comments: