A bit of an accountability, acknowledgement post..
So, I have not been doing awesome on the band front...On Mon and Tues AMs on my scale, I was down 65, my Sept 1 goal..i tend to require two days of the number on the scale for it to "count"..so, I updated my goal on the right side of my home page but was too tired to post about reaching the goal. Well, the next four days, including today, I have been higher than those numbers and my 65 down goal..I realize there is water weight and I am only 2 higher than the 65 down, but still I feel like I'm cheating a bit..hmm.I think I will wait to fully celebrate the 65...especially because I have not been doing great in band land/eating..I feel like I don't necessarily deserve to be down 65 as I have not had the "fight" in me recently..
I know this journey will have ups and downs, and I have experienced both, and I think I'm in a bit of a down. That said, this "down" is nothing like a previous down would be..where if I didn't have a good day, I would say screw it, I already ruined the day and just make it a blow out..I just in general have not been making as conscious food choices. I have been much better about chewing, eating slow and taking smaller bites, but I think I have been eating too much....even if over a slower period. and generally just not eating healthy enough. In addition, I have found myself indulging in a bit of emotional/head hunger..now, it is nothing like the past or overwhelming, but I am giving in a bit, which I have for the most part thus far, not done.
For instance, yesterday, I was getting a pedicure, right next to the grocery store..throughout much of the pedicure, I was thinking about food..what I would eat for dinner, what could I eat, how I wish I could just gorge.... It was a bit of a rough day/week and I have not been sleeping great...in addition, I think I am hormonal...Well, after I was done with my pedi, I decided to go get some sugar free carnation shakes bc I was out of them (mistake to enter the grocery store when tired, hungry and emotional)..well, they didn't have them. While I was at the store, all I could think about was I wanted ice cream and m&ms..well, I gave in and went to the aisle..but, I ended up with a mini cup skinny cow for 150 cals and only allowed myself one (bc I don't have enough will power if it is in my apt). Well, after that, I remembered i had these pretzel crisps in my apt that I loved, so I decided to see if I could get some cheese to go with them, thinking, I will just have a few. I ended up getting "pub cheese"..a spreadable, cream cheese like thing that had cheddar cheese, cream and jalapenos (i know it sounds gross ...even typing it).
Well, I proceed to go home and have my skinny cow...then, I ate Half of the container of cheese with pretzels..Veerrry slowly...I was hungry in the beginning but then I think I just let it go from there. The only thing that stopped me from finishing was that at the last minute I met my friend for dinner...she picked sushi..given I was not that hungry and had the pub cheese, I decided I wasn't going to really eat and told her I was just going to have one roll (and wasn't planning on eating it all) bc I ate a mini dinner...well, forget that, put sushi in front of me and I had about almost 2 rolls (that she ordered)...so then, we go to the movies (btw, if you like Chick Flicks, which I LOVE), I decide to get a coke..I have basically given up coke (i call any soda coke given I am from ATL) and only have one once in a while..well, I normally have always drank DC. at the movies, I decide to get a mix of DC/Cherry Coke...my friend got m&ms. Well, I think the guy screwed up and gave me all cherry coke..and the movie theatre's smalls are basically a large. so, i had a huge cherry coke and had about 30 m&ms...just mindless...I guess the first step is admitting..
So, after this not great week and horrible yesterday eating, I was not dying to jump on the scale today (most mornings, I am so excited to jump on and see how I have done) and I hate that I had that feeling...Amazingly, I was only 2 higher than my down 65 pounds number...amazing given all the food I ate..I don't want to give up, but I do want to get my fight back and keep going. I have done well so far and am proud of myself, but I have such a long way to go and fear getting too comfortable...so, I want to re motivate..after not sleeping well, I am not feeling motivated right now but I have acknowledged my mishaps and have made the decision I want to improve and get back on track (and i know sleeping well will help). I have dinner/lunch plans through Monday, but I think on Tues I might do a bit of a mini "cleanse" with some protein shakes, etc..I liked Grace's 5 day plan...anyways, am not going to let myself get down and out (and, the fact that I want to go shopping bc a lot of my clothes are big is a good sign and could be a motivating thing) but am glad I am airing my dirty laundry...hopefully, when I am near or at my goal and I look back on this journey, I can read this post/posts like these (because I know there will be more) and be proud that I forged onward versus previous losing attempts where it would all be over...plus, I threw out the pub cheese thank goodness..
On a more positive note, food aside, had a great time last night and am going to dinner and a show tonight and then the U.S. Open on Monday so will be a fun weekend..hope everyone else has a good one as well..
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I understand how frustrating this can be, hun. You have a great attitude, though. You threw out the cheese and are writing about. You recognize what was behind the eating and now know to prevent the next time.
ReplyDeleteGood for you, seriously. *HUGS*
Definitely ups and downs throughout the journey, I had 2 months of downs before I came to my senses! Now I am in band heaven, just enjoying every minute of it! Keep on trucking, you will get through the downs!
ReplyDeleteHang in there, it will get better. Thanks for the kind words on my blog :)
ReplyDeleteyou know i love your honesty here- i feel like working this 'bad' day out through your writing is so therapeutic and such a huge step in healing for you. i am so proud of you- good days and bad!
ReplyDeleteMJB