Tuesday, April 27, 2010

What am I eating (and interestingly not craving)..

So, I'm sure many (as in the five people who know...but, who knows, maybe if I eventually tell others, they can then read my blog if they are curious) of you are wondering what I have been eating..well, I haven't been very hungry..I think a combination of the healing and also just trying to figure out my body and what it is saying...the diet plan is as follows:
*First 7 - 10 days is a liquid diet (anything that can be drank through a straw, but i'm not supposed to use a straw)
*Next 10 days after is the "mushies" (anything that is mushy or pureed)
*then a normal diet after that..

So, as far as the liquids, it hasn't been bad..I have been having my protien shakes, yogurt smoothies, a lil apple juice, chicken broth, sugar free popsicles and lots of water...not very exciting or a lot of variety but I am content...I could get a bit more creative probably but I am fine with what I have and am enjoying it for the most part...the only thing i really want (and can have) is good tomato basil soup (i.e. la madeline)..obviously a bit higher in fat content but ok for now given i only have a little and am not having a lot of calories right now..actually, i am struggling to make sure I have enough calories/protien...for the first few days I was only having one to one and half protien shakes, water and some broth...now I have at least two protien shakes a day..i am still getting less than 1000 calories but am trying to stay somewhat full. my stomach has been hurting a lot the last few days..i think a combination of being hungry and also having some trapped gas...it is funny because I have to relearn what it feels like to be hungry..being an emotional eater, I don't think I was always in touch with the actual feeling of hunger...though, i would be remiss in not mentioning that the first bites of chicken broth (campbell's chicken noodle soup drained of course) was sooo delish....

My family has been really good about eating in front of me...though, it doesn't really bother me much and I need to get used to it..the only thing that bothered me was the smell of these crackers..sour cream and onion...ahh, the smell made me feel sick. they had pork chops and veggies last night, and while it looked good, I was fine..and I will be in the future...this is a new lifestyle and I have made a big commitment...plus, why have pork chops when you can have a protien shake? puh lease!

I'm looking forward to the mushies though...i can have eggs, tuna salad, mashed potatoes, mashed veggies..i'm going to be ready for that stage!!

So, I will sign off now, drinking my fruit smoothie and watching the yanks with grams...love to all...

MLM

PS --- really missing my mom...

No comments:

Post a Comment