Friday, April 30, 2010

8 Days Post Op

So, 8 days post Surgery, sitting with Grandma, watching LMN! Two sweet recent surprises I have been sent:



I just received the soup today from Sean...how Sweeeeeet!!! I had actually looked on the internet to see if La Madeline was by Gmas but there is no La Madeline in NY! I was so pumped and more touched than anything to receive this...and, it was so delicious!!! I had one cup for dinner, thinned out with some water. it is very high in cals for one cup (340 cals/cup) so I have to be very careful/cognizant...it is something that I will likely not indulge in going forward, but during the liquid phase where I am having minimal cals, it is just glorious! Gma had some at lunch and loved it too! The other treat was flowers and a Get Well balloon from my boss. She does not know what I had done, but she did know I was having surgery and recuperating..very nice and thoughtful of her.

In terms of the recovery, doing well...not taking the pain medicine anymore, but not sleeping well at all. I think i miss having my mom here and it was an adjustment. I am hopeful to get a good night's rest tonight after two poor nights of sleep. I am feeling pretty well, though one of my incisions bothers me a bit, especially when i lay on one of my sides...I will be fine though.

I'm sad because I am going back to the city tomorrow...to be honest, I'm also scared/nervous. This will be my first big test of being on my own with the band. Many times when I would overeat or "binge" (which I do think I did...oh lord, I am letting all my skeletons out..don't judge me), it would be by myself in my apartment. At Gmas, I have a built in accountability given I am with another person. Obviously I now have the band restriction, but I have yet to feel any restriction...as I write this, while I am a bit nervous, I am also confident..I have made a lifelong decision and I know I will do great when I get back..I have to remember to tell myself that I can do it and try to separate any emotion from my eating..I'm still trying to figure out the feeling of hunger and what my body is telling me, and I am sure that will continue to come. I am very bummed to go back to work on Monday, but so is life..if my mom can do it at her miserable job, I can do it at my not miserable (most times) job.

In other news, I start the mushies on Monday! I think I might start on Sunday a bit..only to ease myself in given I don't want to have any issues at work on Monday..though, I honestly think I will be ok..i think that I don't feel much different given I haven't had any fills/restriction added...either way though, I am trying to teach myself the new habits..and with the mushies starts the new eating style of not drinking with meals...I think this is going to be very challenging, particularly when I am out to dinner / drinking adult beverages but i will do my best! I will update everyone on my mushies when I start them..I am definitely starting to get more of an appetite back, which is actually probably a good thing as a sign I am healing.

That's all for now...next week will be interesting as I venture back into the real world..continue the calls and prayers..I need them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment