So after reading several other people's posts about tracking, and recognizing I needed some more accountability in my nutrition, I have been tracking my food the past three days. I do a post it (I forget who did that that I copied?) and write the calories, protein and fiber..I think I still track the fiber given my WW days. On average, I am trying to eat between 1,000 and 1,250 calories per day and targeting at least 50 grams of protein. I don't have a fiber goal but need one...I am for sure deficient on this!! In terms of my food/meals, I have been pretty consistent this week and feel like I am getting into a groove..here is what the typical day looks like and rough nutrition info (bc my post its are at work):
*grande skim latte (130 cals/13 g prot) @8am
*honey peanut Balance Bar (200 cals/15 g prot) sometime between 10-11:30 -- this feels indulgent to me and I love it! also not too high in carbs (~25?) for a power bar type
*Lunch is sometime between 12:30-1..I get a sandwich (toasted wheat bread, honey maple boars head turkey, avocado mustard and one slice of cheese) and eat half (I also only eat one side of the bread..habit from the low carb diet in HS). It helps to work with mostly men because one of them always eats my other half. I have to have some snacky item with my sandwich, so lately has been 130 calories of baked cheetos. Because I buy my sandwich everyday, I don't know all the details but think it is about 350-400 ish cals and around 20ish grams of protein
*sometimes have a 130 calorie snack of pretzals
*Dinner varies, but have had a turkey burger one night, balance bar another, protien shake tonight
Exercise wise, I went Saturday, Sunday and Monday and feel like I am getting into it. I didn't go Tuesday to today of course for various reasons, but I actually did "want" to go and already signed up for spinning on Sunday and on Saturday am trying the Bar Method class in addition to pilates..hope to go tomorrow as well.
Also, I SIGNED UP FOR THE 5K..it is on April 30th..I'm determined I'm goign to do it..I'm going to do my best to run it all, but no matter what, I will do it and be happy/proud regardless of my running and pace. I'm excited bc my Lil brother is going to do it with me, and my other brother and parents are going to come...Ooh as I type I realize how much I really want to run it all...I'm really going to try hard..
Looking forward to brunch on Sunday!
PS- thanks for the sweet comments on my pics on the last post!
Thursday, March 17, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love using the My Fitness Pal app to track my calories and exercise. I find it has most of the food on it that I eat and automatically calculates the protein, etc.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your day of eating. I usually pick up something new and I'm going to try the balance bar you eat. That's great about the 5K. I've been doing more on the treadmill, but haven't got up to any significant running yet. But soon I hope.
ReplyDelete