Thursday, January 20, 2011

Goal for my one year

So I have been very out of touch because my Internet at home has not been working. I don't pay for the Internet (use my neighbors...) but they have changed settings and think I am going to have to break down and do it (I make no sense sometimes in my cost analysis as I will buy shoes but don't like paying for the Internet). I can't blog at work bc I have zero privacy being on a trading floor plus everything on my computer is monitored and don't feel like dealing with that.

Anyways, I'm feeling good. I am almost over this sickness though has definitely taken almost 2 weeks to get over and still not 100%. but, I have been eating pretty well and def monitoring closely. I also went to the gym on sat and Sunday and also last night after work. I am doing the C25K program and am finishing week 2. I def do not enjoy running but I want to prove to myself I can do it. I would love any thoughts or feedback from others who have done this program... What they thought/how it worked for them? I realize a 5k is not a ton ( and I so admire everyone training for the half marathon) but running is so tough for me and something I have never enjoyed and always dreaded especially in school when we had to do the mile for fitness testing and I could never run the entire thing. Anyways, I'm going to prove to myself that I can do it and am targeting a 5k in may to celebrate one year. My lil bro said he would do with me and my older bro ( who can't run due to back injury) said he would come and cheer.. So sweet. Will keep you posted.

As far as weight wise, as of today I am I am down 96.6... Nearing in on triple digits....which is exciting. All of this is from the beginning of the liquid diet.. If i compare to what I weighed when I went for my consult in january, it is 103... But I like using the date of my pre surgery liquid diet because that is when I truly decided to change my life forever. So as I think about one year and where I would like to be, in a perfect/ ideal world I would lose another 50 pounds and be at my goal weight... Now while I will reach for the stars, I also realize that might not be realistic... I know continued exercise will help but that is a lot at this stage of the game. In my heart, if I can lose 35 by my one year, I will be thrilled. I think it doable but will be a big challenge... But one can only try. My average weight loss per month over the past 9 months has been 8 pounds but we all know how much harder it is now. ... As my gpa would say though, five yard em to death and 1-2 1-2 with the feet...

I haven't been able to read or comment on blogs so I am so excited to catch up this weekend!! Hope everyone is doing well!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I was wondering where you were! Glad to hear you are feeling better. You weight loss is amazing! I hate running too but it is a goal of mine when I lose more to try it. Great that you have such sweet brothers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job, my dear! Just keep going!

    ReplyDelete