Sunday, January 2, 2011

Canyon Ranch Day 3 and 4


Day 3 was a big one for me...got up at 8am per our usual. I can honestly say that I don't think i have EVER (except maybe as a little kid) remember waking up that early on New Years day..we did our normal breakfast around 8:15..this time i decided to get one egg over medium, which was good because I could get it down and got some protein in. At 9am I did Low Impact Aerobics, which was awesome and I loved..also a good workout. At 10am I did Zumba again..Love Love Love!! at 11, I decided to do Pilates plus Bosu. While I am pretty good at Pilates I think now, everything I do is one on one and on the reformer..this was all on the Bosu, which is an inflateable ball that makes things more challenging. It was very tough and I couldn't do a ton with my back, but I was able to modify things and it still made me focus, stretch and engage my core for 45 minutes. After lunch, I was very tired and wanted to relax, but I was determined to do spinning at 3pm. I have done a few times in the past, but I still find it quite intimidating given my size. While I almost talked myself out of going at least a dozen times, I went. I wanted to prove to myself I could do it, and i did, despite almost leaving around 15 times! I don't love it yet, but do kind of like it and think I will like even more as I lose a bit more weight. Did Restorative Yoga again at 4pm which is basically relaxation and stretching which I love. Had a great dinner and then a massage at 8, which was blissful!!!

Post Spinning...tired but happy!

Day 4 I didn't want to come because it was the day we were leaving...Sad..back to reality! Woke up at usual time and went to breakfast. I debated going to a 9am class, but in the end decided to do the elliptical for 30 minutes from 9:30 to 10 and got a great workout. Then did H20 Power Hour in the pool, which was a mix between aerobic and core work..great! i love the pool and it is amazing what a great workout you can get! After the class I swam for about 15 minutes, which I too love. Swimming is not only a great full body workout but is good for a bad back. After that, took a long shower and then packed before lunch. We had lunch and then I relaxed by the fire a bit and went home..

Worked up a good sweat!


Last Breakfast...

Quick pic before departure!

I am back in the city now and in my apartment and sad...I miss the Ranch and it was heavenly...very relaxing, aerobic, good food, blissful..I am really glad I did it and while it was a big decision given the cost, I feel good about it and motivated into the new year..want to give myself the best start to 2011 and I think it was a good motivator and I am hoping to try to wake up around 6 to do 30-45 min on the elliptical and then shower and go to work. It involves packing my clothes for work, but I want to kick off the week right! if not in the AM, i am def going to go after work. My goal to start is cardio 3 times a week (plus pilates)..while not a ton, it is a very doable goal that I hope to exceed!!

2 comments:

  1. I am SO happy that you got to go to the Ranch! What a perfect way to kick off 2011- AND take some time for you, and be able to reflect on what a momentous year 2010 has been. I am so proud of you, the choices you have made and are making for the future. Support you 100%. Love you. MJB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Megs!!!

    You are AMAZING!! What an amazing trip! and ZUMBA is AWESOME! SO glad that you were able to try new things and get a jump start on the new year. I continued to be awed and inspired by you!

    Live u!!
    MLK

    ReplyDelete