Friday, December 31, 2010

My Word for 2011....Aware

I am very excited about my word for 2011...AWARE (and awareness)...

a·ware (-wâr)
adj.
1. Having knowledge or cognizance: aware of the difference between the two versions; became aware of faint sound.
2. Archaic Vigilant; watchful.

Synonyms: aware, cognizant, conscious, sensible, awake, alert, watchful, vigilant


I think this is such a great word for me and something to focus on in the new year. Plus, it focuses on so many aspects of my life, not just the weight loss. Being aware of how I feel, how I am acting, what I am doing, etc. I would like to become more in tune with my feelings and aware of when I am being my best self, when I am not, not forgetting to put myself first, eating slower and mindfully, etc. Being aware of my goals is another thing...when I am aware and cognizant (love the synonyms!!) of my goals, it will help form my habits, mental, physical and emotional...I think this is such a good thing for me to focus on because this journey is so much more than what I eat, but what made me overweight in the first place and managing my emotional health while hopefully conquering this beast once and for all..

I have loved reading the word posts thus far and look forward to reading more. All of these words are so applicable in so many ways...

Cheers to being AWARE in 2011!!

1 comment: