Friday, December 31, 2010

Canyon Ranch Day 2..tired and sore, but feeling good

It is 6:15pm here and I am in my robe, lying on my bed, trying to make myself stay awake before my "late" 7pm dinner (haha...i think anything before 9 in the city is early!!). Today has been a very tiring but great day.

I slept well last night, falling asleep around 11pm, which was good...woke up at 3am with a bit of a headache, but fell back asleep. I'm thinking the headache is from dehydration, which I know will not be solved with one good water day, but hope it will improve as I have a bit of a headache now too, but took some liquid Tylenol. Anyway, woke up at 8am by alarm..was at Breakfast by 8:15ish...I got some yogurt and kashi cereal at the bar (cereal/yogurt bar in the AM, salad bar at lunch/dinner..they are always there) and ordered a smoothie, coffee and some OJ. I also ordered a turkey sausage patty so would look like I'm eating. told my friend that I am an eat a few hours after I wake up type of gal. I managed about 3 bites of yogurt with a bit of kashi (huge victory) and had about 1/2 a cup of OJ and a few sips of coffee..and the tiniest bite of the sausage. that was all I could do but glad I had no issues. though, the breakfast looks amazing, so thinking one day i might need to do a later one to enjoy it.

Hit my first class at 9am, yoga foundations. Was a good class as I have not done a ton of yoga. Was very introductory and basic, which I liked, and I enjoyed it. I found it calming and a good way to wake up my muscles. I then went to body conditioning, which used bands and dumb bells. It also involved a lot of squats and lunges. Given my back, I modified some of the exercises but the instructor was very helpful in that..I am already feeling the burn in my arms and shoulders and I know I will tomorrow. I then went to my third class at 11am, Cardio Tennis. I had to pay extra for this but love tennis and wanted to try it. It ended up being a lot more drills than cardio given there were only 3 in the class..I definitely find that my weight still limits me on the court, both in terms of getting to the ball and in general how I hit (not moving my body as much)...I love tennis and look forward to improving on this as I continue to lose weight (i'm so jealous of Camille and all her tennis!). My back started getting angry at me towards the end and I was in a good bit of pain. Ended up stretching for a good 30 mins after and ended up in much better shape..

Went to lunch around 12:15, which was nice, as we were able to have a leisurely lunch..plus, I was starving by this point. Ordered the chicken quesadilla with an avocado salsa..cut half of the tortilla off each piece and loaded up with avocado and extra salsa. I also ordered a side of avocado to add in some more protein and make it more moist. happy to say that given I had a lot of time and did good bandster eating, had no issues. it was truly delish. At 2pm..ZUmba,..Finally as I have been dying to try...Vickie, I LOVED it!!! Given I love to dance and shake my hips/booty, it was great!! And such a great workout. I can honestly say it is probably the first class that I never looked at the clock...love love love and can't wait to do tomorrow at 10am and hopefully when I am back in the city. After Zumba, just relaxed for about an hour and then went to Restorative Yoga, which is really more about relaxation with yoga techniques than exercise...Great way to wind down after an active day. After that, showered and just got a facial, which was divine..While I have all the products, I am not always great about tending to my skin so really enjoyed that.

Am now just chilling until dinner, which will likely be followed by sleep by 10pm..haha...wild night! They are having some activities tomorrow but I would honestly just rather get some rest and get ready for another day tomorrow! Am so happy here and feel so motivated...thank you for all the comments and support..I just wish everyone could be here. Below is a pic of the start of the day in my workout clothes pre sweating (bathroom had a full length mirror!) and then Liz and I after Zumba..showing the sweat and then in a zumba pose!

Happy, Happy Early New Year to everyone and I wish health, peace, happiness, love (and yes, weight loss/maintenance) for you in 2011


3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to end the year! I'm jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! Enjoy your time there and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very active day. I got a little tired just reading about it.

    ReplyDelete