
I am going to the Ranch in the Berkshires in Massachusetts....a full service destination health spa where you can do whatever you want..it is good for just relaxing, kick starting weight loss, getting zen (haha), etc...they serve healthy food (that is supposedly amazing and has all the calorie content), have a bunch of fitness classes and a full spa
This is a BIG step for me because it is a bit of a dream come true and I am really treating myself. A few weeks ago I was thinking about New Years Eve and how I didn't want to do the whole party thing... I was just not in the mood this year (especially being single among couples). I started to look into a trip for my Mom, Gma and me, but it was not going to work and was going to be a bit much money wise for me to pay for all three...when I sat back and thought about where I have been in 2010 and where I want to go in 2011 as well as what I would really like to do, if I was being selfish, I immediately thought about Canyon Ranch...I have been closed to booking a weekend there at least 3 times and I have always been dying to go. After overcoming guilt for splurging, and my mother convincing me I should do it and I deserved it, I booked three nights at Canyon Ranch. I am fortunate that my friend Liz (who is luckily enough to go almost yearly) was up for coming last minute, so we are going together!! I could not be more excited...
I have done great eating wise with the band but it is no secret that my cardio has yet to really kick in...so I am excited to really do some classes (finally, zumba!), work out, get some spa services and just relax from my hectic life and reflect a bit as I approach the new year and hopefully a better (and slimmer!) me! My days will be filled with likely one or two classes, hopefully some stretching, a spa service and three meals. I am planning on rising early (7am train tomorrow) and going to bed early...it will be a new years without alcohol but I'm looking forward to it!! and hopefully my bad back will hold out and my body won't go into shock from exercise!!
I feel so blessed and lucky that I am able to go (though guilty I can't afford to take my Mom, but I promise her one day!) and it really is a dream come true (i have wanted to go for seven years..literally)...I am also looking forward to using this time for reflection as I approach the new year. I am continue to add to my list of goals for 2011 that I have already started working on and keep thinking of my word!
I'm so jealous! I would love love love to go there, but just can't justify the hit to the budget. You'll have to tell us all about it!
ReplyDeleteHave a great time! Happy new year!
ReplyDeleteCanyon Ranch is great, and alllll about good health. It's beautiful and serene, and the food is really good. What a wonderful way to start your New Year. Enjoy!
ReplyDeletecan't wait to hear about your adventure!
ReplyDeleteYou are going to absolutely love it!!! Such a fantastic idea and great way to treat yourself. When I was single and living in the city I used to go regularly - and many times by myself. I got into yoga up there one year - you must try the yoga classes - and when I went to the one in Tuscon I went hiking. Everyone is so nice - it is really peaceful and overall just fabulous. I am very jealous now thinking about it! Be careful with the food - although it is low calorie and healthy I used to end up still eating a lot - but your band will keep you from that. And you might want to bring some Beano or Gas-X because they put a lot of fiber in the food. E-mail me if you have any questions. Have a wonderful New Year!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip! It sounds divine (I wish I could go too). I can't wait to hear all about it.
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for all the comments...Heaven soo far and just as wonderful as expected (am going to do a post). Susan, so true about your food comment...thank goodness for the band..def helps put a stop to the portions! I wish you all could go to Canyon Ranch with me!!
ReplyDelete