Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas catchup

I have really been out of it blog wise lately..I have been reading here and there, but not doing a good job of commenting, or posting for that matter...

On the Christmas front, had a great holiday. seems like such a whirlwind and crazy that I have been home in Atlanta for a week now (leaving tomorrow)...the days leading up to Christmas were so busy and I feel like we were non stop. Good news is that my entire family was together for Christmas Eve and Christmas..not that we didn't have our ups/downs leading up and at different times, but in the end, the love and unity binded us together and we had a great time...My Gma was also down with us from NY (we flew down together) so that was extra great...we all adore her and dote on her. We continued our tradition of a big and nice Christmas Eve dinner at a steak house in town..we all contributed to the dinner, which was nice. Before the dinner we went to the Stt Regis for drinks, which was great...given things had been a bit tense, i had two glasses of champagne at the hotel..then another one at dinner..then red wine...um, I got a bit overserviced at dinner..apparently i was funny (I remember most of it, some a bit blur).. I def had a great time though and apparently was not too annoying, so that was good. On Christmas day, we did Mass, brunch and then did presents and a great dinner at home...have to say a bit relieved things are over but really enjoyed it..

so, on the band/eating front..over the last several weeks i have been SO tight and wondering if I needed a bit of an unfill..nothing in the AM but coffee and i was worried I was PB'ing too much. Come home, and the band is wide open! i mean, I still approach eating as if I am tight, but I have not eaten this much or without having issues..i mean I really have been ravenous and eating more than normal...ham, broccoli, salad, etc...to the point that I was worried something had slipped (wondering if it has and thinking i should get a check up)..but, this AM as I was waiting for my Mom at her Doctor's appt drinking starbucks, all of a sudden I slimed/threw up coffee...so fickle. Honestly, given how ravenous I have been and NOT making the best of choices (um, the ice cream has got to go), I hope to get a bit more tight...

I leave tomorrow to head back to the city before my big new years plans, which I am goign to post about tomorrow because it is that exciting it deserves its own post....for now, a few pics from Christmas..on the plane ride back tomorrow, going to think about some 2011 goals and I like this "word" plan...Hope everyone is recovering from the holidays and doing well.


The whole gang at the hotel before dinner


My biggest fans and the best parents a girl could ask for



BFFs...enough said..


Cheers!! I was not hurting for sure!


My wonderful, supportive and handsome bros!! (note, all gifts are usually the same, sometimes in contrasting colors..haha)

3 comments:

  1. You look fantastic! Sounds like you had a really great Christmas. Good luck getting back to NYC!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hope you make it home for those big new years' plans.... i've got a few friends stuck in NY til the weekend now!

    ReplyDelete