Sunday, January 9, 2011

Sick as a Dog but happy I exercised 4 times this week!

I am in bed (where I have been all day) a bit drowsy from my Nighttime Cold and Flu meds I took but thought I should do a quick post (one of my goals for the new year, which I still have to post about, is to blog 3 times a week). Anyways, feel good about this past week from an exercise front. I did the elliptical for 45 mins on Monday night and then I did the C25K running program Wed, Thurs and Sat for 30 mins each time. I was traveling to Atlanta/Dallas on Wed/Thurs, so the fact that I went to the gym, when i normally would have taken advantage of any food I wanted on the corporate card was a huge NSV. I can't say that I had any desire to work out at any point, and in fact had to keep talking myself into doing it, but I did it. I also did Pilates on Saturday so think it was a good start. I have really taken ill, starting Thurs night but taking a turn for the worst last night..one person thought it could be my immune system reacting to the changes in exercise, etc. but not sure.

Eating wise, I really need to kick it into high gear if I want to work towards my goals for the new year, which are pretty aggressive. I am about 90 lbs down now and would like to lose approx 130 by my one year bandiversary in April...I am doing a great job with the water drinking and want to remain focused on protien, good bandster eating and being "aware" when and why I'm eating! This also includes balanced meals and not waiting to eat to a point where I am famished and don't eat the right foods!

On another NSV, went to see Wicked again last night with one of my friends and her sister who had never seen it..we had these plans for awhile, and while I def did not feel good at the show, it was still magical! i just love the show and music..so inspirational! anyways, while I was resting today and thinking about the show, I realized how comfortable I was in my seat. I wasn't spilling over in the seats, I didn't feel cramped, etc. I was able to walk in front of people without bulldozing them...NSV! the plane seat NSV I experience a few times a month but the theatre was one that def used to be uncomfortable!

Hope everyone has a great week..

3 comments:

  1. Awesome NSV! Love Wicked :) Get well soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better! I have been battling a cold too and off on a business trip tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better and thank you for your comments on my blog!

    ReplyDelete