Just wondering how often people go to see their doctor, assuming they are comfortable with their restriction. I am at a good level fill wise and doing ok, so don't think there is a "need" to see the doctor but wondering how often others go, just to check in? I got a fill in early Nov but was wondering if I should be going in to check in later this month? i don't think it is needed but recognize it can't hurt and could just help motivation wise..curious what others do?
Eating wise, today was not great. I am still recovering from being massively ill with the flu and not moving from bed Sunday to Wed but definitely getting better. All of a sudden, my hunger went full force. Had OJ for my illness and a small fat free chocolate milk for protein at breakfast. for lunch, got a small soup from H&H for ~250 cals (their estimate) and then a half sandwich that was 250 cals, and i cut half of the bread. oh, forgot my quick 85 calorie baby ruth that I had as an appetizer..whoops. lunch was great and I was satisfied..about an hour later, I was famished. I went and got some smartfood (surprisingly only 160 cals for a bag) and had about 3/4..oh, then I had a bag of M&Ms..WHAT IS MY PROB? not doing great watching the sweets!!! I can't really explain it (though have been having hormonal cravings) but I guess it is good I am publicly acknowledging it..now I just need to take that acknowledgement to the next step and correct it! Reading people's blogs has been helpful and I'm really enjoying being more dedicated to it.
Looking forward to the weekend and hopefully fully recovering from the flu and also getting back into exercise. I would like to do cardio Sat, Sun and Monday..a lot but I want to make up for lack of activity this past week..I want to get in a groove where I want to exercise (others seem to say it exists..haha). I am going to be on Long Island visiting my Gma, but I am making the gym a priority. Also excited because tomorrow night I am bringing my Gma into the city for dinner and to see Lombardi, the play. He was a huge part of our family and my Gpa's life (played football together back in the day) so should be great...excited!
Here's to staying positive and motivated through the weekend!!
Thursday, January 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am only at 8 weeks so the Dr wants to see me around every 6 weeks or so, I think as restriction takes its hold it slowly gets longer and longer - but a maximum of 6 months betwwen visits is what was recommended to me.
ReplyDelete:)
I really don't go unless I need a fill and even then I only see the PA. I did ask once about coming in and weighing in for accountability purposes and they do encourage people to come and do that.
ReplyDeleteI am curious what others are doing too!
Hi! I only go when I need something, like a fill, or if I have questions. I did make a point of scheduling a 2 year bandiversary appointment (which I only finally went to today), just to get an esophogram and have them check it out.
ReplyDeleteIt's generally pretty tough for me to get out of the office to go to the doctor, and not going all that often has worked just fine for me. I hope that helps! Thanks for your nice comment on my dress! I am so so excited for Saturday! :D
I'm about 18 months out from surgery and haven't seen my doc (well, the PA) in over 7 months. I have great restriction (well, adequate) and don't seem to be having any issues. Unfortunately I have to fly to the other side of the state to see my doc so I don't go for no reason. If I don't need a fill before then, I think I will try to see him this summer.
ReplyDeleteMy doc says yearly unless you need a fill. I only go when I'm in need. I'm glad I found your blog, and thanks for your comment on mine. It's going to be a great year!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comment on my blog! I work in Finance as well - was on Wall Street for a very long time and now working Corporate. I don't know about how many times for the doctor since I am new but curious how many fills did you have before you started to feel restriction? I go for my first fill on the 25th. Have a great weekend!
ReplyDeleteI go see my WLS MD once a month but I'm only 4 months out. I am almost to the point where I have perfect restriction...after that they said to come in when I need something.
ReplyDeletehttp://rachelthinwitin.blogspot.com
For the first year I basically found myself in the office once a month. Now, however, it's really when I need something...
ReplyDeleteI hope you are feeling better! <3