I have been virtually absent as the past two weeks have been les mis at work. I have been so swamped, dealing with horrible attitudes with some of the more junior people on my team and just felt very overwhelmed. Not to mention, the past two months have been very difficult for me during my time of the month. I have really struggled with hormonal shifts and it in some ways has been debilitating in many ways...not sleeping, very emotional, agitated, etc. It is beyond just monthly pms so I am going to have to check it out given it has really impacted me.
Anyways, in band world, I have not been eating well..I have not gained weight and am doing ok on the scale, but I have not been eating nutritiously. I find myself getting stuck way too much or substituting a nutritious meal for a cookie...I have found I have a cookie addiction, which i need to work on. these incidents only get worse when I am not sleeping and at work for 16 hour days. enough of the negative though...because I am off to VEGAS!!
It is my biannual college girlfriend's weekend and we are going to Vegas! I am actually on the plane right now en route. I cannot wait to get away for a few days, relax, see my wonderful friends, gab, etc. I can honestly say that I feel so great about where I am weight wise vs. our last girls' trip in September, but can't say I am where I wanted /hoped to be..but, I will definitely march on and have a great time! I still battle feelings of insecurity and uncomfort when out and about all dressed up and still feeling fat, but I have to remember that I have come a long way, am no longer obese (just overweight) and will continue to lose. Bathing suit is stlll not a good feeling but I have to remember how much better I look from a year ago! and, i have cute cover ups!! In terms of clothes, I have brought a ton with me but no clue what I will wear! i have done so much shopping (online and in person) wanting to find fun dresses to wear, but I am a bit between sizes..16s fit, though some are big..most 14s are just a bit too tight and need about 5 or so pounds more...definitely a great place to be but tough when I want to find the perfect dress..It will be a great feeling when I get solidly into a 14, which is my new goal..
I have definitely been reading sporadically this week when I can but need to get caught up and comment. I won't be reading/posting this weekend as my friend MJ is the only one who knows in this group and she is unable to make it unfortunately (but is there in spirit!!). I'm a bit nervous about getting stuck or having issues this weekend but I am really going to try to focus and go slow and make good choices! having to shut down now, but will post once I'm back!
hope everyone is doing well...
Thursday, April 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Have fun in Vegas!!!
ReplyDeleteHave a great time!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend with the gals my shrinking cupcake.
ReplyDeleteSorry you've been going through some hormonal issues, but nothing better than a girls' weekend to make you feel better. Have fun!
ReplyDeleteEnjoy Vegas... take pictures and share!
ReplyDeleteHi! I hope you had fun in Vegas with the girls.
ReplyDeletePlease write us about your adventures!
ReplyDeletelove u!! so proud of your anniversary today!!! chat soon xoxo mjb
ReplyDelete