I ran out to Macys tonight as I am desperate for another suit to wear to meetings/work. While having clothes become too big is such an awesome feeling, realizing you don't have a suit to wear to a meeting at 5:45am when you are getting picked up at 6am for a flight is not a great feeling.
I ran out to Macys around 7:30 tonight...my safe store that has a very large women's section. My only suit left that is still wearable (though sports wings in the thigh area) is a 16w. Having taken a hiatus from shopping this past month, I really haven't tried on clothes for awhile. I went to the women's floor and went to the suit sale rack. I didn't want to spend a lot bc I hope to not be in the suit too long. I found 2 grey suits in a 14w and 2 16w bc I wasn't sure the 14w would fit. the 14W suits were light grey, which is a color that never was super flattering versus the dark blues or blacks which hid sins better. When in the fitting room, I tried on the first 14w, and it was big!! it def still fit and would work, but it was obviously a bit big. I thought it was a fluke, a suit that runs big, so I tried on the other 14w..SAME thing!! I almost fainted. given the store was closing in 30 mins I decided to run to the misses floor. As I went to floor 5, I felt lost because it had been so long since I had been to this floor/area...I quickly found the sale suits and grabbed a few 16s and 18s bc again I just didn't know. Well, the 16 FIT!!! there was no manuvering or anything to get it on..it fit and wasn't TIGHT! I could have fainted/cried right there!!! such a great feeling!!! I don't think I am necessarrily going to be a regular size in everything but this was such a big victory for me...
Hope everyone had a great weekend!!!
Sunday, February 13, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay!!!! yay yay yay!!!
ReplyDeleteWOo HoO!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go!!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome NSV!! Congratulations!! :)
ReplyDeleteI can so feel your joy...I totally understand. Great job!
ReplyDelete