Thursday, February 10, 2011

Was a good day...

While I definitely didn't eat great today (ice cream cake at work for someone's bday, 2 glasses of wine and dessert at dinner, to celebrate, etc...) But, definitely had a few victories today. First, I went to get a physical. I wanted to go when I was 100 pounds down so set it about 3 weeks ago. Well, I was 98.5 pounds down on the scale today but was close! i have to say it was great to compare my weight to the last time I was there (for clearance from surgery). What was neat was when the nurse entered my weight on the computer, all of a sudden an alert popped up warning that my weight had dropped by a significant percentage...haha! it was like a red flag warning, but in this case was a good flag! My doctor was very pleased about my loss and very supportive. I cannot wait to see all the results of my cholesterol, etc. to compare what it looks like versus my last physical. It is also neat to not dread stepping on the scale at the doctor's office.

Big news of the day was that I got promoted to VP at work! I have now been at my bank for almost 7 years..I am an Analyst promote (i.e. I didn't go to business school) and it was an exciting day. Lots of time, energy, sacrifice, and stress to get here (and puffy eyes and wrinkles to prove it), but I am excited. I sometimes question my career, but i feel happy and proud today, especially as a woman in such a male dominated industry. ILong way to go and still quite low on the totem poll but a lil bit at a time! Went to one of my faves,Blue Ribbon Bakery with a friend to celebrate...what is neat is that it was the same place I went to celebrate almost 4 years ago when I was promoted from Analyst to Associate...only thing missing this time was my brother!!!

Big weekend ahead as I am going SPINNING! One of my coworkers is married to the co owner/founder of a very popular, well known spinning studio in the city (which Catherine loves I know). Well, as I have said in posts, I am intimidated by spinning despite having done it a few times. Well, when I was at Canyon Ranch, all of these women were talking about this studio, etc. so I told my coworker. Well, his wife called the other day and I took the message. We ended up chatting, and I told her about all these women who were talking about her studio, etc. Anyways, she told me that I really must come in and try it. I told her that I definitely would/wanted to but was a bit intimidated, etc. Well, she was so sweet and told me that I must come, there are people of all sizes, etc. She told me to email her and she wanted to recommend a few classes. This was Thursday. While I debated, I decided I really should email her, though I forgot that day. On Friday AM, before I had a chance to email her, I got an email with a package of classes! She comped me 10 classes which was just crazy generous, unexpected, thoughtful, etc. Is that not the nicest thing ever??? She was so sweet and told me that she is just so proud of what I have been doing (i mentioned when we chatted I had lost weight and was focused on getting into an exercise groove). Anyways, just so darn nice. I have to say I am very nervous about going but I am doing it!!! Will keep everyone updated!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on your promotion...What I applaud is losing weight and performing well at work. I'm in management consulting and I know that when I've been stressed I've eaten the stress away...So I think it is awesome that you have pushed forward on your weight loss, while pushing forward on your career. I'm excited to hear about the spinning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome day all around. Congratulations, enjoy your accomplishments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATULATIONS Lady!! Being in the industry I get how hard you worked to make this happen. I'm so proud of you!!! Can't wait to see you on March 20th. xoxo

    ReplyDelete