Wednesday, February 23, 2011

This and That

This is a bit of a random post but want to be more frequent, am stuck in the airport because of maintenance issues on the plane, have a few things to say, and I know how to do bullet points on blog press (unlike the regular site -- would love to know how to do that!!)

•First, thank you SO MUCH for your kind words, encouragement and support of reaching 100. It truly meant a lot to me....
•Over the last 2 days, I have not been eating well... Not sure if I was "rewarding myself" for reaching 100 or what but I had a bit of a binge on snack size peppermint patties last night (5)... While not terrible vs the old days of pizza or a box of cookie binge, it is still a binge and not driven by true hunger. I want/need to rev up motivation to continue.. I know everyone has off days, so will come back
•I had the Best weekend... My mom came in town and we had a blast. We are two peas in a pod and have so much fun doing nothing! We saw Driving Miss Daisy on broadway (Fab!!), went shopping, saw a movie an had some great meals. We went for a celebratory dinner for my promotion to Park Avenue, a restaurant that changes its menu and decor with the season... Was great! Shopping was great too bc while not perfect in each outfit, I am pretty nearly a solid 16 and I got a pair of pants that were a 12 (totally ran so big and was like a 16, but I prefer the 12 number!). I will post some cute pics of us when at home... My mom is stunning and looks like my sister I think..
•I have been thinking a lot about exercise and how I need to get into a routine... If I am going to make this a life change, that will be important. I am inspired by all of your working out and I want to catch the bug. I never posted about spinning but I didnt love it, was still intimidated and it was hard but I will go back and I know it will get better with regularity.. Instead of just talking about exercise, my plan is to do cardio at least twice by Sunday and get back to 3 times a week... Need to make it a habit...I have decided I will not reward myself with a trainer ( which it is a reward given the cost) until I show consistency with cardio
•Had a reminder today that despite being 10 months banded, it is easy to slip into old habits. When we landed in Omaha, we had about 35 minutes to order and eat lunch... Of course, the people I am with are scarfing. I forget I have just come off a long flight, which will make me tight, and I rush to eat with everyone. I hadn't even eaten 1/4 of my turkey sandwich (sans bread) before I got stuck and sick... Les mis! Had to excuse myself several times. Luckily I was with all men so they didnt really notice
•So my drivers liscense has a picture of me from sophomore year in college... I look horrible, no makeup and huge(I happened to remember when I got it and had had a big night out the evening before... Was a fun night though!) Needless to say, not flattering but I deal because I don't want to have to get a NY liscense and like my southern one! I have gotten several second looks when checking in at the airport recently, but today the guy said "Congratulations on your weight loss!" a compliment I know, but awkward at the same time....might need to work on updating that
•lastly, I am SOOO pumped for the NY brunch and seeing some familiar and many new faces. I really am so excited...

Ok, this novel needs to end....Still delayed and probably going to be for awhile....PS, what is the best way to read blogs on an iPhone?? When I go to my dashboard, it only shows the last 2 posts...any guidance would be appreciated...

Hope everyone is having a good week!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

Location:Omaha Airport

4 comments:

  1. Not fun being stuck in the airport! Hope your trip went well. I used to always have bad days following an important meeting - like a sigh of relief it was over. Great plan to do the cardio before a trainer reward. It seems like when you lose as much as you have - that is what will keep the scale moving down. Looking forward to meeting you and everyone else on the 20th!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah yes, the 'new low' syndrome, where we reward ourselves with a big ol' eating party. You're not alone.

    Really looking forward to seeing everyone at the brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip!

    Yeah for size 12, even if they are a funny cut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been trying to do better with exercise too. It's not easy, but finding something I like to do is key.

    ReplyDelete