Thursday, February 3, 2011

I'm back finally...

After almost a 2 week hiatus, I'm back. btw, thanks to all for the encouragement on my depressing/down post...Definitely started feeling better on Sunday. Was feeling great on Monday as well until I fell down the steps at work, a whole flight, running to the second floor for a call. I had on a pair of new pants that were long so I wore high heel boots..well, as i ran down, my heel got caught and I tumbled. I got massive bruises on my left side and both shins and had to get stitches in my knee. That happening, on top of my big deal on Monday (hence, I didn't get stitches until Monday night despite falling at 10am..) just kind of threw me for a bit of an emotional loop. I also was limping for several days..argh. It definitely put a crimp in my new exercise regime and c25k program and focus on eating...While right or wrong, it threw me in a bit of a funk. In addition, I just got internet on Tuesday and just installed wireless...I'm massively behind on blogs (writing and reading)

OK, enough about that, I'm moving forward....today was a new day and I was determined to get back on track..I had gotten within 3 pounds of being 100 down, only to then gain 3 pounds back, definitely a result of eating cookies and ice cream like it is my job. Today I ate well (and slow), drank a lot of water and when I was dying for a cookie had a 50 calorie snack size york peppermint patty. I want to focus on protein and watching my calories so that I can really make the next three months ahead of my one year count.

I'm also going to pick my exercise back up this weekend..I'm ready to resume and get going. I also got a new motivation in that my girlfriends from college and I have planned a trip to Vegas in mid April. The last two girls trips have been amazing because I have such great friends but were hard at the same time..in October, my Mom fell ill and I was on the phone a lot and had to leave early and was very stressed...the time before, last March, I was at my heaviest and so uncomfortable and insecure, even around my best friends who have loved me through all my fat days. Well, I can honestly say that I don't think any of those feelings would hit me now and I am feeling more and more confident as I keep losing, but I must say that the idea of being in a bathing suit and getting dazzled up in Vegas is something that doesn't yet excite me (though seeing my girls does!)..I think it will be a good motivating factor and something I know I will feel good about keeping going. I want to get to a point where I can feel really confident and secure in clothes and in my own skin...made improvements and getting there but room to go to think about.

So, back to working this band, focusing on me and this journey. Looking forward to catching up on everyone's blogs and commenting this weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Welcome back. Sorry to hear about your fall, that sucks. Hope you're feeling better and able to get back to your workouts soon!

    We're doing a NYC band girls brunch on March 20 at Dos Caminos. Let me know if you can join us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really sucks about you falling, but sounds like it could have been worse than it was. My mom fell down the steps one time and broke her leg. It was kind of traumatic because we were younger and had to run and get the neighbor. Girls trip in Vegas sounds like so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your fall sounds awful!! Hope that you're feeling better today. Please come to brunch on the 20th! I miss your face. xoxo

    ReplyDelete