Despite being midnight, just getting home from work and dreading a 6am airport pickup, I am feeling super motivated about this journey and the wonderful blogging community. Reading people's stories/experiences is so great for me and i love that I feel the same way as so many of you do.
Today was a decent day eating wise except the visit from my monthly friend has definitely thrown my sugar cravings into high gear. Day started well with my usual small latte around 8 and then a cheese stick around 10:30. For lunch I had half of a sandwich (turkey, one slice muenster and avocado on toasted wheat) and only ate half of the bread. Had a 100 calorie cheetos pack with that. I brought in a 50 calorie york to conquer my sugar craving but failed. I ended up getting a cooke for ~250 calories but I am glad that I was able to hold myself back from getting more than one. for dinner I had some tortilla soup and a few bites of grilled chicken and some chips and salsa...the food for dinner was not super healthy/nutritious but my portions were very small and I think ok. I just need to remind myself that I need protein and balance to really get this journey going.
But, I have decided to not "try" to make my 1 year goal (at least 31 pounds, ideally 35 pounds) but to actually do it. I have been wish washing and I need to go full throttle and make this happen..I can do it, I want to do it and I will do it. I will try to give it my all.
Off to Richmond tomorrow for a morning meeting and back in the afternoon...how nice is it that I am not dreading/fretting about fitting in the seat or the seat belt buckling, despite being a regional plane. Last time I saw this client down in Richmond was almost a year ago and I remember being relieved that the stewardess didn't check on my seat belt because I couldn't get it to fit...such a great feeling to not worry...that change/relief alone has made this process worth it and it is only such a small, small part. Thank you band!
Monday, February 7, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I"m glad to have found your blog too. You are doing so great...I look forward to hearing about your future successes
ReplyDeleteYou can do it! I so relate to the early pick up. I have been stuck in the Richmond airport and hope you don't have any delays. I have also been traveling with Pure Protein bars just in case..
ReplyDeleteSorry for the crazy hours. My husband has a 6 am flight, maybe you two will run into each other at the airport. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteJust keep plugging away! Slow and steady wins the race!
ReplyDeleteGreat attitude. You will make your goal. Have a great flight.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your goal! :) You can do it!
ReplyDelete