
Had a great weekend in Atlantic City! I went with my friend Niki and her sister Lou....We all wanted to get away from the city for the weekend, have a relaxing time, go to the pool, good dinners and a nice hotel in driving distance..many will laugh that we went to AC for relaxation, but we did!

Drove up on Saturday early and hit a decent amount of traffic but got there in about 3.5 hours..both nik and Lou are obsessed with Bethenny and housewives too so we talked about that a lot, which was so fun! We got to the hotel around noon..the hotel is very nice and attached to the Borgata..I was overwhelmed by all the casinos..night life 24-7! So we checked in and the room was very nice, modern and had a big bathroom. I love nice hotels (one of my favorite "treats") and this met my expectations. We then went to the pool..we were very lucky to snag chairs from these people leaving, as it was mobbed! the pool is really two mini pools that are more like wading pools. the place was hopping with music bumping, people hollering..not exactly the relaxing pool environment we were looking for, but it was a pool! again, the chairs were key! I managed to not get burned (don't think this has ever happened to me!)..it was such fun people watching..a mix of the Jersey Shore on steroids, some NY thrown in, etc dominated by Jersey (note, my dad is from NJ, which I still find funny and hard to believe as he doesn't fit the stereo type!)..saw lots of interesting bathing suits or lack there of! now, I am never comfortable in a bathing suit and am still not but i had to say that I think i was more comfortable that at certain times in the past as I feel like I am on a journey to somewhere and this will not always look/feel like I do now. plus, i wasn't worried about the other people! We went up to the room around 5ish and just chilled, napped, etc. it was nice that we were all in the mood for the same relaxation..We went to a good sushi dinner that night and then gambled a bit..I lost $40 on slots...oh well.I wanted to play BlackJack but the table minimum was $25 and that just made me too nervous! We were back in our room by 11pm..what Grandmas..haha! but, after last weekend and not wanting to be bumping and grinding, i was happy in bed! the one thing i felt bad about and am very sensitive about is my snoring..I guess it is bc one of my friends from college is a super light sleeper and cannot sleep with me int he same room..my snoring obviously got worse as I got heavier (and i think better as I have lost weight) but it is still such a source of insecurity..they said it wasn't bad, but not sure if I really believe it.but, i would have felt even worse if it did and they told me the truth, so oh well..
on Sunday, I slept in a bit and met the girls at Breakfast and then we went to the pool again..Lou had gone early to get chairs and an umbrella, so it was great. Was out there for a bit and then i decided to go take a nap..i was just so tired from the week..nap was great and then went back to the pool and really enjoyed reading and people watching. we went up to the room at 6 and dinner wasn't until 8. I contemplated just chilling but decided to go to the gym..I really forced myself to go and i'm so glad I did! i had some free time which i don't always and i took advantage of it! idid the elliptical on intervals for 40 mins and then I did some pilates! so glad I can finally tell my teacher on Thursday that I did some on my own (especially as i had to cancel last week's appt. for work. I was so proud of myself that I had to take a picture of myself all sweaty..I was just proud bc this is something I would never have normally done on vacation!

That night we had a wonderful dinner at this italian restaurant and had some good wine! One of the things that was so great about this hotel is that you don't ever have to leave..they have great restaurants and they have this upscale food court that was great too!! that night, we missed the fireworks, which stunk..we rushed to see them but had missed them. that night was another early one..I think most Grandmas were out later than us but i was fine with it! haha..only problem was that we were over the pool night club that had 'unz unz" music until almost midnight and it was SO LOUD! and we were on the 30th floor! I ended up complaining and got something off our room (I was very cool, calm and nice versus the woman at the counter next to me screaming..) other than that, the everything was great. to be fair, most people do go for the party but they should just let people know ahead of time. another time, i probably wouldn't have cared bc I would have been out..we left early today (8am) to miss traffic and got back quickly.i was happy to have time to chill out and took a huge nap of course and am now catching up one everything..note, I did get one picture of Niki at a slot machine to at least prove we were there..haha..and where we each lost $40..

Food wise, I did really, really well while I was gone. I indulged a bit but in a very band friendly, moderate way. i ate very slow, didn't eat too much and made good choices at the same time. I even weighed at the gym on Sunday and was unchanged, so that made me happy. I did great that is..until...I got home today, was famished and ordered a hamburger with fries..i was indeed hungry but I'm not sure why I made such a horrible choice, especially after the weekend...why oh why..today I have been just so hungry..but horrible choice...oh well, I will not do this again..I cannot beat myself up but next time will try to think twice and maybe read some blogs instead...I am going for a fill on Wed and am very ready/excited..I want to be cognizant that I don't need a huge fill but I could definitely use some more restriction....
I want to make it a really great week food wise and move towards my goal of being down 50 by the 15th! I'm not too far away, 8-10ish pounds, but i will need to kick it into gear this week. I want to go to the gym at least twice in addition to pilates, drink water and eat slow. it will def help with the fill, liquids and mushies...I also have a wedding on Saturday at West Point so I want to eat healthy in advance..
hope everyone has a good week and I will try to post more!!
thanks for the continued support.
-Meghan
Megs,
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great relaxing time in the AC. And by the way, the joke of NJ is that people say, "Where do you live and what exit is it" because when people travel thru NJ, they take the NJ turnpike and see all the lovely smokestacks and dumps that line the road. I grew up in Sussex county, where the cows and farms are! No smokestacks!
And you may think that I look a little like Ronnie on the Jersey Shore show, but my hair has a little more gray in it!
http://www.mtv.com/shows/jersey_shore/cast_member.jhtml?personalityId=13198
Love DAD
Megs,
ReplyDeleteGlad you had a great relaxing time in the AC. And by the way, the joke of NJ is that people say, "Where do you live and what exit is it" because when people travel thru NJ, they take the NJ turnpike and see all the lovely smokestacks and dumps that line the road. I grew up in Sussex county, where the cows and farms are! No smokestacks!
And you may think that I look a little like Ronnie on the Jersey Shore show, but my hair has a little more gray in it!
http://www.mtv.com/shows/jersey_shore/cast_member.jhtml?personalityId=13198
Love DAD