Saturday, July 17, 2010

50!!!!




So, after missing my goal, I have reached it and now lost 50 pounds from the start of my pre-op diet that started on April 8th (I have the date so ingrained in my head, as I remember the somewhat dreaded countdown to the liquid diet). I really am so so happy to have lost 50 and feel great about it. I feel like I have really plateaued since my doctor's appointment (perhaps I let my excitement blur my judgement), but happy that I am seeing some movement! Though, I must add that I have been ravenous..I mean really hungry. I think I am making decent choices, which helps and obviously is important, but I don't think the hunger has subsided at all post my last fill..i.e. I had 3 homemade tacos last night..in retrospect, I should have just had 2 but I was still hungry! and it was real hunger versus head hunger..though, I probably should have waited about fifteen minutes and then seen if I was still hungry. anyways i think i need to go back for a fill adjustment..

So, very happy and just looking forward to the future...I just need to continue my focus. the 40-50 pound loss I have done at least 3 or 4 times over my lifetime and it has always ended there and I regained it..I am determined to make this different (it is a lifestyle) and continue..I must not rest on my laurels and continue...I will have to work at it, but I am optimistic. Literally, every morning I wake up excited to step on the scale to see any movement (i try to only count Mondays but I can't resist..i know it can play mind games)..but, that feeling of excitement is great...

so, I think that is it for now..was a long week and have to go into work for a bit today and tomorrow but I am going to try to stay positive about it..especially after I just had a great pilates session..

Thank you so much for everyone's continued support! I'm going to do some more commenting later tonight when I have more time to catch up on all the blogs!

9 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!! 50 pounds is amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 50 is a great accomplishment, Megs!!!! I'm so very proud of you. Don't lose sight of how great you are doing. I know u can continue your hard work. I believe in you!!

    Love,
    Your big bro

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY!!!!!!!!!!! That is SOOO fantastic!! I am so happy for you, Megs!!!
    Love you,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meghan,

    You've reached a big milestone losing 50 pds. Your success has inspired me to lose weight. Brian took me to the gym today and killed me during Day One Of "Operation Bootcamp."

    Keep it up. Love DAD

    ReplyDelete
  5. 50 pounds is excellent!!!!!! Mega-Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. congrats! and it is only the beginning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, you are doing great! Congrats! Hope you to meet you at the NYC brunch, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Meghan, 50 lbs is a huge acheivement and I'm telling you lady I'm getting your butt to bollywood class, so 50 lbs loss is just the beginning !!! LOL

    ReplyDelete