
On to more important things..this is a perfect opportunity for me to take an opportunity to thank my parents for all they have done and their continued love and support as they celebrate their Anniversary tomorrow (36 years I think? and they met on Spring Break..haha) ...My parents are the two most important people in my life and I am here because of them...My parents sacrificed so much for my brothers and me. They gave up their wants (and often needs) to put my brothers and I through private/catholic school..they never gave up and sacrificed so much. They showed love and courage even through dark days, and their love and commitment exemplifies what marriage is.
In terms of my journey, my parents are my number 1 fans. they have loved me through many sizes and they have never made me feel bad about my weight. they have told me I am beautiful and instilled confidence and love in me. My parents taught me that it is not what someone looks like, but what they have to offer. My parents have supported me through many challenges with my weight. They have just always been there...

Despite loving me at any size, they have always encouraged me to be the best I can be, including having this surgery. in fact, it was my Mom's idea..in many ways, I did this because my Mom thought it was a good idea (which she did not realize)..not because I wanted to please her but because I knew that if she thought it was a good idea, it probably was...well, another example of Mother knows best and me being so thankful because this is honestly one of the best things that has ever happened to me..My parents have been such a force in my life and this journey, and I know they will continue to be...I could not ask for better parents (especially having been overweight most of my life) and their love and support is what gets me through dark days...I love you Mom and Dad..thanks for showing what true love and devotion is and teaching me that anything is possible and to never give up. Happy, Happy Anniversary.
If I am lucky enough to be blessed with a family one day, if I am half as good of a parent as my Mom and Dad then my kids will be very lucky...
You are very lucky to have such wonderful parents! Happy Anniversary to your parents!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful post!
ReplyDeleteYep, sounds like it is time for a fill!! I remember those days of TRYING to eat the right amount, but not really being able to because I didn't have the proper restriction.
ReplyDeleteGood luck, you will get there!!
Thanks so much for you beautiful comment! You are too sweet, really! It was great to meet you and I too hope to chat with you more next time! Congrats on your parents anniversary, that is wonderful! You are so luck to have such a great support system in your family. <3
ReplyDeleteJust wanted to say hi and it was great meeting you on Sunday. You are doing soooo well!!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary to your parents :-)
Thank you Meghan for the lovely tribute. One night, I wrote you a blog, and, after about 1 1/2 hrs-----it erased!! It must have gone to another blog site , but unknowingly another reader might think you are in an all-girl band. Or, Meghan, you're with a "rock band" or its your life as a "groupie".
ReplyDeleteSeriously, you are so loving, Dad and I thank God that we have you, I love you, I loved you when you were only a twinkle in my eye.
Love always,
Mama Manny
PS: It would be good if you gave serious consideration to deciding on a career. Living, suitcase to suitcase, with a world-wide tour and a band. And it sounds like you might be having a "fill", often. Really, remember we are Irish and taking a "fill" or a "pop or whatever you call it? Too many drinks are never good for you. And, your "liver"! With your education, how can you ever succeed if "you" are not in the band?? They could at least let you in the band if you have committed your life to it. You may want to rethink this. You could always shake a Tamborine or something.
Ooooooh, Mom, I know..............................................................just a little humor after crying through the homage to Parents
Meghan,
ReplyDeleteThanks so much for the lovely tribute to Mom and I. I'm not sure what Mom was saying in her writing, but just know that we love you and are so proud of you in taking control of yourlife. You're the best!
Love Dad
Meghan,
ReplyDeleteI was only kidding and thank you so much for
your anniversary wishes and deep love. You
are my precious girl and always will be.
Your Mama.
Meghan, that was such a beautiful post ! Your parents are also very lucky to have such a thoughtful and amazing daughter !!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful post Megs! I'm thinking of you and love you tons!!
ReplyDeleteMar