Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Second Fill..and making good progress..

I had my second fill today..I actually met with a PA, but my surgeon walked in as I was checking in at the desk and came up and said hi..I really, really like her. While it took me a while to get used to her (surgeon attitude, all about business, not super touchy feely), I am so happy I went to her.

So, when I stepped on the scale..after ~1 month and a few days since my last appointment and first fill, i had lost 18 pounds!!! I was super, super excited! I have been tracking my weight on my scale, but today I got confirmation on the official scale. I am so, so happy and it is great motivation to try and continue to focus (especially after a hamburger and french fries and then two cookies mindlessly yesterday()In terms of the fill, I told him that I definitely needed restriction but I was cognizant that I didn't want to be overfilled and not able to meet good protein. One interesting thing that I never thought about that he told me was that as you lose weight, your stomach shrinks and thus the band gets looser (which is why i have not been feeling sufficient restriction).makes total sense but i hadn't thought of it...so, he added .5ccs which I hope will be a good amount. I had not issues with liquids today and had some pureed chili for dinner and fat free chocolate milk earlier in the day..So much of it is mental for me (i.e. not eating 2 cookies mindlessly)..i made a good step today by declining ben and jerry's ice cream cake at work, which would have easily gone down post my fill..step in the right direction i hope..fingers crossed..

while I am happy about the loss, I am not thrilled with my lack of consistent exercise..My goal was to go to the gym today and drink water..neither of which I did. I could make excuses, but not worth it..I just didn't do it. I really want to try to make this my focus as I really think it will make a difference going forward...

Thanks for the continued support..

5 comments:

  1. Love your post! Mindless eating...I have the same problem. I get my second fill on Monday and cannot wait! Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo woo! Wait to go on ben & jerrys. I was not as fortunate tnite. Half baked ice cream is glorious. You need to teach me restraint!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl!!! Have you thought about attending BOOBS Chicago? It is in September! It would be awesome to meet you since we are on similar timelines! Maybe we could exchange email addresses or hook up on FB. Let me know! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on turning down that ben & jerry's! That is one thing i'm working at right now: mindless eating while i'm at work. today I turned down cake and, no joke, someone pressured me to have some! but I didn't give in.

    Enjoyed looking at your blog - i'm adding you to my Reader.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey sweetheart, thanks for the comment! Thats awesome you passed up the bad food at work! I started my new job after I got banded so the people I work with just think I eat really good (which I do, but i cheat once in a while) but it makes it easier to pass things up at work because they eat so badly at work! GREAT JOB!

    ReplyDelete