Monday, July 5, 2010

Catching up..and my first BYOC

Sorry for the big absence...last week work kicked my as&..i worked until 11pm or 1 most nights and needless to say was not able to look at blogs or write on my own...I'm going to do another post about my weekend but wanted to do my first BYOC! I also wnat to try to catch up on people's blogs, especially those following me...

so, for my family/Mary who are not in blogland, BYOC is 5 little questions – some funny, some serious – that one of the bloggers (Drazil) puts together each week for the bloggers to get to know each other better and it’s a free blog topic for Fridays. You post the questions and answers in your own blog! here it goes..

1. Seeing that it’s a patriotic holiday of sorts I thought of this one: Where were you on September 11th?

I was at college in Nashville. I had a Latin class (yes, i took Latin to fulfill my language requirement..i'm not sure why looking back)..it was at 11am so i was sleeping in. I remember my friend Andrea coming in and saying she was sorry to wake me but that she thought I would want to know what was going on (i'm a big sleeper so no one ever wanted to wake me up). I remember seeing in awe as I watched everything on TV and feeling such shock. I also had friends at school whose parents/sister worked in NYC so i felt their fear. I do remember feeling so upset/a bit in a bubble being in Nashville though as I felt like nothing stopped, classes continued and all i wanted to do was have the world stop and take in what had just happened. Later, working in NY as a summer intern (at a firm that was the second hardest hit in the WTC) and now living in NY, I really feel how much that day changed so many lives..

2. What is your idea of fun? If given the chance to skip work/life for an entire day, what would you do? (assume you’d be by yourself)

Given a day off from work, I usually sleep to try to catch up..but, in terms of fun, I LOVE to shop, go to the spa, go to lunch, etc. I'm a girly girl...my ideal day would be to go to the spa, get a facial, massage, mani,pedi (assuming cost is not an issue.haha) then shower and get dressed (i love spa showers), go for lunch with a friend and shop!

3. Suggestion from a follower. Some blog questions.

How many blogs do you follow? I am relatively new in terms of the following...I now read about 15 religiously and am working on trying to expand that, get to know new followers, etc..

Do you read them all or just your faves? right now I read all the ones I know of and am going to be reading all those that follow me..it might take me awhile as sometimes I am spotty during the week but I will continue on it!

Do you comment a little, a lot, on all? I am now going to be commenting a lot because I know how much the comments mean to me and how exciting I get

Have you ever unfollowed someone because of something they said or you didn’t like their blog? No

Do you routinely unfollow and why? No/NA

4. Repeat question. Pick one day and one healthy thing you’ll do for just that day next week.

Remember these can be mental things too – like pampering yourself for one hour, journaling, meditating, etc.

I want to go to the gym at least twice this week, in addition to pilates on Thursday and want to work on drinking my water...I will plan on going to the gym Wednesday and drinking water that day.

5. Repeat "Make someone a superstar" question. Whose blog or blog comment stuck with you this week and why?
There have been a ton as I catch up..I really liked Jenny's push towards excercise and boot camp because it is inspiring me to try to get to the gym and get more active.

1 comment: