Ok, I had a lot on my mind tonight...I will keep this short, but I just have to say thank you...thank you to my family, friends and blog friends..thank you for helping me get to today and for your support and encouragement.
Four months later (as of yesterday), I am in a good place... I have good days and I have bad days but I have prevailed and I have never given up. I can 100% say this is probably the best decision I have ever made..and I have worked on putting myself first, which I have not often done...I have reached a place where I really feel like I can look to the future and have hope that I will not battle this demon for the rest of my life..that I am actually on a path of conquering my weight..will I always probably battle my weight in some way..yes...but I don't feel like it will ever have a strong hold over me again and that I am changing my life. I was very uncertain, scared and ashamed about this surgery..I was so scared to do it...looking back I am so proud of myself that I followed through and anyone who is reading this and considering it, trust me, it is worth it. I have faced sacrifices but these are nothing when I think about the life change I am making...I have a long way to go, but I have hope...and I am ready to keep fighting and trying to push through..
Monday, August 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I feel the same way. I finally know I am going to conquer this, and it really took the monkey off my back. Congrats on all you've accomplished!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! You are doing so well!
ReplyDeleteCongrats! I agree, it was an awesome decision!
ReplyDeleteThank you for your sweet comments over on my blog! We were banded just 10 days apart. It is nice to have someone at the same stage as I am and your thoughts mirror mine. It is all about life change. Here's to the road ahead!
ReplyDeleteGood on ya' girlfriend!
ReplyDeletei am so insanely proud of you- proud of you doing this for yourself, proud of you speaking (blogging!) about it and how that in turn could inspire and help others. you are an inspiration to me- watching you on this journey is beautiful and i see such bright things for you in the future-
ReplyDeletemuch love
MJB