So I already provided some highlights from my trip (telling my friend, getting some compliments, etc.)..here are the additional highlights:
*Mom and I had the greatest time...we really didn't do too much but just laughed and relaxed..we napped, shopped, went to two nice dinners, did some night swimming, etc. Food wise, I think I did pretty well...I definitely didn't overeat and had some good practice for eating slow and chewing..only had one major stuck/pbing/throwing up issue...I indulged a bit in certain foods but my portions were good..I overall felt good about my eating..and my Mom could not be more supportive..I am so lucky. Also got a few cute things shopping (nothing major) but I am finding myself enjoying shopping more again
*After being in Miami (Sun night to Friday afternoon), I flew to another part of Florida (we were near Seaside) for one of my best friend's from high school (childhood actually) bachelorette party. It was a mixture of her high school, college and Atlanta friends but luckily I know all of them and like most of them. My friend Mary was there (who knows my situation) so I was so happy to have part of my support system there. I overall had a GREAT time that weekend..partied a lot and just had lots of laughs. On the eating front, I did have some issues..Got in late Friday and was fine. Well on Sat AM, I woke up and they had lil quiches and muffins. I thought I would be fine with a quiche, avoiding the crust..well, No...I am finding with my recent restriction that I am not able to eat first thing after waking up. Definitely had to run right to the bathroom post trying to eat the quiche...then, at lunch, had similar issues. we had sandwich stuff and I just had the turkey and cheese as well as some pita chips with hummus..well, i think the chips did me in. I also felt like one of the girls was watching me a bit (a friend who lives in NY and has noticed my weight loss) but I am being paranoid I'm sure. anyways, held out but def had to rush to the bathroom then. So, I avoided things until dinner. I ordered a small side salad and one sushi roll (debated getting the crab cake, which I should have!). I did GREAT with the salad..slow, small bites and ate well..was starving. Well, the sushi was a No No...I didn't have to go to the bathroom but I was stuck. Luckily, mary asked for a bite of sushi. I gave her the signal and told her to "take more.." so, she helped deflect me not eating by putting sushi on her plate..again, I'm sure I'm paranoid. Well, luckily (or unluckily given my headache the next day), the food unstuck and I was able to drink at the bar and I had my dancing shoes on! Getting home at 3am, everyone made thin crust pizza..thought I would be fine..NOT! So, Saturday was NOT a good day...I know getting stuck/sliming/PB'ing will happen but I don't want to get used to it and would like to avoid at all cost..this is about learning a new lifestyle..
Being back at work is tough but luckily my boss is out so it has been fairly quiet..Last night I had a friend in town from Dallas wiht her husband and Mom so we went to dinner at David Burke, one of my faves, bc they are still doing restaurant week (3 courses for $35). I got the Burrata/Tomato appetizer (milkier mozzarella), Salmon for main course and some strawberry shortcake dessert (was to share with table). The app was great, no issues. For the main dish, the salmon was ok..a bit dry to be honest so I only had a few bites. had a few bites of my friends pasta with short ribs (and I mean small, one bite..). was tough so after a bite, I stopped. the main course was a bit tough but I didn't eat much so ok. Well, with dessert, it had a scoop of icecream and a lil cake. well stupid meghan had a bite of the lil cake and got stuck. to the bathroom i went..argh! As I write this, I realize it seems like a lot of going to the bathroom, and I don't want anyone to worry or think I am not taking this seriously (which I so am), but I want to be honest on this and have it as a forum and a bit of a confessional. Well, I think this adjustment really is the "sweet spot" but I am having to train myself and really learn/live the lessons. I will do it!
Looking towards the next goal (65 pounds by Sept 1st), it is going to be tough but I will continue to work towards it...I have to lose 8 more pounds by then..I know I am doing well but I know I have room for improvement..will just go for it! I really want to do this and am feeling motivated and would like to keep going!
Here are some picture highlights!
cheers to vaca!

my sweet friend MJ who was so loving and supportive when I told her..i love this pic!

Mom and I at the Beach!

Mary and I at the bachelorette party (note, a late night, sweaty shot post some intense dancing to Proud Mary!)
WOW, almost to 65 lbs. That is awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteI love the dress in the last pic, you look fabulous! You are doing such a great job - I am sending goods vibes for your goal! <3
ReplyDeleteYou look fab in those pics!!! Glad you had a great time are you are doing awesome on the weight loss
ReplyDeletelove you. love our pic too :)
ReplyDeleteMJB