Monday, August 23, 2010

Clothes for the Sisterhood...question

So I have some clothes for the sisterhood..one suit, a few dresses, 1 or 2 winter sweaters, likely a winter coat and a trench coat, 1 or 2 lightweight sweaters, one or two blazers...some are in great condition, some are a bit worn but have some wear left in them..I am still going through everything so don't know for sure yet..I have stuff across the size range and seasons..I have not always fallen into an exact size and think I stretched things out, etc...i am now about a size 18 probably (ahh..i do not say my size outloud (in type or verbally..haha) (depending on the clothes). I honestly can't say I fit an exact size.

here is my problem..I am just not good at mailing things...perhaps it is because I am in NY and on a 4th floor walk up, or I don't know, but I'm just not very good at it..It is not the cost but literally just getting my stuff together and doing it (which I always have to do on weekends and never quite get to..)In addition, given all the different sizes, I am wondering if it would be easier for people to see/try on...anyways, I can't make it to Chicago (I am very bummed) but I was wondering if I should just send to the hotel for when there is an exchange and they can be included? i would then need to do one big mailing which could be tough but I have a month notice?). I would though need to make it to some one's attention I imagine..if anyone thinks this makes sense and anyone is interested and would want first dibs on everything (and thus be responsible for receiving the mailing), please let me know...I can try to do a bit of a cataloging of what sizes, but they literally range. If someone has a better idea, please let me know. I can also try to do a better job of taking inventory but am still in the process..again, I can also try to mail things individually because I really want to pass on things because I know it stinks to buy for one wear..any thoughts welcome..

two things I wanted to post pictures about / see if anyone had interest were dresses I wore that I could try to mail separately... they are bridesmaid dresses but they were both pretty and someone could perhaps use them for something? it will not hurt my feelings if no one is interested but I thought I would ask before including them in any mailing so that I can try to donate to a charity because they are in good condition. both of these have been altered and I was about 2 sizes smaller than the designer sizes (i have always been in bridesmaid dresses..) but also note that I had them both tailored to me...

Here is one (Amsale, size 24..i was probably about an 18ish+ when I wore this? maybe 20?..it is an aline, fitted at the top but flattering..these are the best pictures I could find (of course I never want to be on the end so I can hide my arms/hips)




Here is another (priscilla of Boston, also size 24...I was about 40ish pounds heavier wearing this one than the one above but i think it was much more forgiving given the skirt..i was probably a solid 20/.22? this was about 1mth after surgery...it is a ball skirt and empire waist...hides anything hippy..i think the crumb catcher top might need to be sewn a bit, but nothing major.


Let me know...you can email me at megdore@yahoo.com...and take my sizes with you to the grave..i often cut them out of clothes (I remember hearing Catherine did that too! haha)

PS - please pass on if you know of someone who these might work for..ranging in sizes 20ish..in case we are not followers of one another

4 comments:

  1. OK, if I can convince you to mail the two dresses to me, I will HAPPILY take them to try for the wedding I need a dress for. PLEASE????? Actually, if you send me everything, I'll just include it in my next sisterhood alert and send it out for you. That way you only have to do one box. Whatcha think? I LOVE those dresses and really need soemthing in about an 18/20!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Amy... I was actuallythinking these might work for u if you liked them and will def send to u... I don't have all the other stuff together yet bit Ioght take u up on your offer later with the mailing... In the mean time though I will send out these to u some point by this week... Would that work? Can u send me ur address

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there! Just wanted to offer to let you send your Sisterhood contribution to me c/o the hotel. Glad to take care of it! You can e-mail me at chroniclesfrombandland(at) gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey girl, I got your message on my blog about these clothes. I am definitely not a dress girl so those are out for me even though they are gorgeous! Well, maybe you make the dresses gorgeous! Anyway, I am in a size a bit larger than what you have to offer so I don't want to take anything yet. Maybe in Chicago! Thank you for thinking of me!!!

    ReplyDelete