Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Feeling down and out...but re-motivating and getting my fight back..

The past two days have not been great..at all...I have not been thinking about my food choices properly (a result of not bringing my lunch/being prepared) and I have been eating too much I think in terms of calories..I haven't really been overeating but I have been eating more than I think I need...I just really have to remember that soo much of this is a mind struggle...I have been feeling a bit blue, thinking about how I have so much weight to lose (too much pride to post the actual numbers) and it will take forever but then I just found/read another woman's blog (she lives in NYC!) and she lost 100 lbs in one year...ONE YEAR!! (her blog is http://jennyr1222.blogspot.com/)...how amazing is that!! it was a lil reminder, a lil light at the end of the tunnel telling me not to give up, that I can to it. Every decision I make is important and one that will affect whether I achieve my goals..as such, I'm going to create a list of goals as well as milestones weight wise that I would like to achieve. I'm too tired and delirious to do now (I was so inspired by jennifer's blog I just couldn't stop reading), but it is something that I will do...tomorrow, I"m going to bring my lunch and I'm going to listen and be aware...of what, how, when, how much, etc...I feel like I am quickly slipping into old habits..less food wise, but more so into meeting up with people after work, feeling pressure to go out on weekends..while I know it is important for me to be social, the 2ish plus weeks with the surgery where I was a bit isolated and only focused on me and my new lifestyle were when I was the most successful..I think I am going to have to put a bit more selfishness into my schedule just for now...i think it is just what I need..but, the social butterfly in me does not like this...

ok, I better go to sleep if I will be even somewhat productive tomorrow (today, i would give myself a 1 out of 10 for actual productivity and a 5 out of 10 for faking productivity.....

PS, thanks to Jennifer and Catherine55 who have helped me so much already and they don't even know it!

PPS ...my wonderful brother Brian sent me a Magic Bullet Blender and guide book for eating after weight loss surgery...how SWEEETTT and I am soooo excited! i am a lucky girl to have such great brothers, parents and friends...

1 comment:

  1. We are all so proud of what you are doing and I know that you will succeed. I know it's a struggle, but just begin to correct your eating habits. Set your goals and measure against them to gage your progress. Always remember why you are doing this and what a difference it will make in your life. (Begin with the End in Mind!).

    It's great that you are seeking others experiences via blogs on their journeys through this process. Maybe if you want to go out, maybe you could meet one of them from NY and share your personal journeys together.

    Also, when the Dr clears you, start using the gym as a way of going out. Start slow and build up your endurance over time. Continue your diet, and and some exercise and watch the pounds melt away!

    ReplyDelete