Monday, May 3, 2010

First Day at work...a success

I'm going to keep this short because I'm so tired from getting three hours of sleep last night (had trouble sleeping again!)...so, work went well today! It was hard to get up, but I did it, was on time (a huge victory as of late) and brought my food for the day. In terms of clothes, I was able to fit into a pair of pants that have been too tight to wear, so that was a good lil victory..

In terms of work, it was business as usual..hectic and busy. Everyone asked me where I was.."where did you go on vacation." my reply "i didn't go on vacation, just took some time to relax and renew..was at my Gma's in Long Island..lived the life of an 88 year old!"...my buddy at work (who knew i was having some "issues") said last week everyone was asking about me. He said when people asked if I was on vacation, he said "no, she is just taking some personal time." he said some people stopped at that, others said "where is she, everything ok?" (everyone is sooo nosy! ). my buddy said "i don't know, i think home, not sure.." so, it was a good cover, as I am fully planning on taking vacation in the summer and at Christmas time like usual. As I have to remember though, my boss has been fantastic..she was asking me how I was, told me to take it easy, leave early (i.e. 6:30ish..haha..love how that is "early" in Banking).

In terms of work, i think my brain was mush (as Sean noted, like my food! hahaha). I had trouble thinking clearly and was definitely slow..hopefully just bc I am tired and first day back...I'm going to have to pick it up or I will be left in the dust...

So, in terms of eating, I did very well (planned everything) but I was VERY hungry...again, I know I have no fill but I was surprised my stomach was growling...something I can talk to the Dr about on Wed (my post op appt..a few days late). I had Chobani yogurt for breakfast (Blueberry flavored, 140 cals)...i then had my one cup of chili mush around 12:30. by 3pm i was starved, so at 3:30 pm I had a snack pack of cottage cheese (90 cals). I got home around 9pm tonight and was famished...I made some tuna with light mayo (light on the mayo, unlike my mom/dad's tuna style..haha)..i was still hungry so had a cup of chili..I am not super full, but satisfied..BUT i know I shouldn't have had both...I will need to consult the doctor because I still am pretty sure I had under 1000 calories today (hard to measure exact chili measurements)...but, did good with the time rules of eating and not drinking during..I also was good about drinking water! woo hoo!

so tomorrow is day #2 so hopefully will be a bit more "with it." On another note, I am traveling to Dallas on Wed after my morning appts with the doctor. Have to attend a charity event that one of my clients is sponsoring that evening. then I have to go to a Breakfast with the CEO the next morning..problem is that given time changes and long flghts, I am out of the office all Wed and Thurs..tough after being out, but it is a client event..my boss was great though and told me not to go if I wasn't up to it, but I honestly think I am up for it. challenge is it is a sit down dinner that night...I am just hoping they have mashed potatoes (they have to, right???)..I figure I can just move around the other food, cut some of the meat, etc. I will probably look anorexic, but will do my best. I don't want to drink yet (will drink again at Niki's wedding in 2 weeks..wooo hoo! in moderation of course...). I think I am going to ask the Dr. for a Doctor's note to bring liquids on the plane and am going to bring two ensure shakes...one for dinner wed and bfast thurs. i am going to bring my lunch with me on Wed to the doctors office and eat in the car...not ideal, but will make it work.

on the subject of this Dallas trip, it is cocktail attire...why oh why!!! i went last year and wore a plain black dress...totally professional but could also be cocktailish (super conservative)..well, it is way too tight so I stopped at Macys after work and super shopped...Now, the prob is that they had nothing that was good...besides not wanting to waste money on something I really don't like, it will also hopefully be too big..since I was there, I bought a few dresses for Niki's rehearsal dinner...some i had tried on a few weeks ago..and in most, i was down a size...woo hoo!! that is a NSV (non scale victory.."band lingo" so, because I was exhausted and so good at returning, I bought 10 dresses (different styles and sizes) with most for Niki's rehearsal and two for the cocktail party. regardless of which dress I wear, I am going to wear a cardigan so I don't expose everyone to my fatso arms (hopefully soon to be not as fatso arms...)...anyways, it was a good feeling in the dressing room except nothing perfect for dallas..oh well, will make it work!

ok, probably enough babbling from me...I'm not sure what is so interesting about this, but it seems that people enjoy reading it, so I will continue..plus, it will be good to have as a memory..plus, it is easier for me to be open typing sometimes than talking..I'm much better at helping others than asking for help...

thanks for the continued support and love..MLM

PS - my Dad made the chili today and RAVED!! woo hoo!! hopefully mom likes it!
PPS - I decided today I am going to Florida (Marco Island) for Memorial Day..going to the Shades with Lindsay...excited to get away and more importantly i haven't seen Lindsay in forever..
PPPS - love how I "kept it short"
Finally, hope Mary is having a great time in Greece and yay for Niki's almost wedding! and, i have fixed the settings so you can post comments (some had said they tried and it didn't show..it should now)

No comments:

Post a Comment