Sunday, May 9, 2010

It isn't easy...

So, I had a nice weekend...very uneventful, but nice. Went to a late dinner on Friday with a friend and her friend (food wise I did well) and then met up with NIki on Saturday for her last dress fitting (beautiful) and to get my bridesmaid dress fitted. then ran a bunch of errands. The rest of the weekend I literally just relaxed, slept, etc...didn't do anything but it was nice..

Food wise, I did ok but I have been very hungry...i think part of it is being hungry and the other part of it is fighting old habits of using food for entertainment or to fill other emotional voids...Part of this process is trying to learn the difference and fight the emotional/mindless hunger..The band obviously helps physically fight some of the emotional eating but it is also something I have to fight. Aside from mindless eating, I have been fighting hunger pains...my stomach growling (something I am not used to)...and sometimes this is after I have eaten what I thought was sufficient..I have to remember it is a process...in addition, It is sick/sad to say, but I miss food somewhat...it was something I looked forward to, thought about, etc...it is disgusting to even type/read, but if I am being truthful...it is hard.

But, i am not happy to say I have not seen the scale really budge...a tough thing to deal with given the progress I had prior. I have read other blogs/forums and people have said you will hit plateaus and to stay positive..when I think back on my eating I have done pretty well (needless to say very small portions)..I think i will need to though think a bit more about everything I put in my mouth and focus on protein as much as possible (which is a bit harder in the mushie phase)..

So, not feeling as invigorated or pumped as I have been but I will forge on...

1 comment:

  1. Megs, you are a SUPERSTAR!!! Thinking of you and love you, Mary

    ReplyDelete