So, per my post last night, I DID IT and made it to the gym this morning before work. Now, I was supposed to be up at 6am so i could get to the gym and make it to work on time without rushing..that didn't quite happen as I got up at 6:30 and rushed to the gym (via cab...sad) and got my workout in and then rushed to shower and too work (soo red and sweaty even post shower at work). I did 30 mins on the elliptical in intervals and it was very doable. I would have done longer time had I had the actual time. My goal is to go to the gym two more times this week between now and Sunday. Either tomorrow night or Friday AM is my goal and then once during the weekend. I might even try a class this weekend if I'm feeling adventurous. I also made an appointment for a private pilates session next Friday..it is expensive but I want to see what it is all about! I'm definitely getting some motivation and I hope to keep it up.
In other news, first fill! I had a big breakfast (approx 400 calores consisting of an apple, 110 calorie bagel thin and my last chick fil A chicken breast from Monday). I wanted to get a hearty breakfast given I would be getting the fill and will be on liquids for two days and then mushies for two days. When I got to the office, after waiting 1.5 hours (argh..not happy), I finally saw the doctor. Disappointing news was that I had only lost 2 pounds over the last 3-4 weeks since my last visit..BOO. Not super surprising given i had a really bad 1.5 weeks and only have recently gotten things in gear but still. I expressed my disappointment and she said I was doing great and that around 50% of people actually gain during this time as they try to discover their boundaries. Nice to know but I still wish I had lost more and been disciplined. So, she said i had 2.8 ccs in my band and she added 3.6ccs in addition. she said this was the upper limit of what she would give someone on their first fill. I explained to her hungry I have been...I know that it can take more than one fill to get to the "sweet spot" so I am hoping I am on my way. It did feel a bit different swallowing water after but it went down. I went ahead and scheduled my next two appts for the end of June and the end of July!!! Also, on a side note, I ended up chatting with two people in the waiting room, both very nice..we talked about some of our experiences, food, etc. It really made me excited for the support group meeting later this month which I am definitely going to attend!! I need more bandsters to share experiences with and bounce ideas off..if anyone is reading this from bandster land, maybe we can connect?
post the appt, I got hungry about 2 hours later..I went to Hale and Hearty for soup. the only non chunky options were potatoe and cheese soup (one taste..Delish) and vegetarian split pea (not my fave). given the calories, i went with the pea soup.it was good and satisfying but I think it hurt my stomach..the soup was estimated to have approximately 180 cals. for dinner later, I ordered drinks for the week and got a choclate milk (they only had reduced fat, not no fat, and it was 190 cals for half!). I drank half and threw the rest out, so I stayed under my 1000 cals for the day! woo hoo! each day is one more step..
ok, I better hit the hay because my eyes are closing...I wanted to post pictures to spice things up but am too exhausted (and I don't know how to change the time on this because it is 3 hours off..) I have a ton of work to do tomorrow..it seems like it never ends..I wish I could just take a leave of absence and really focus on myself!! oh well.
good night...best of luck to the other bloggers..I need to make blogger friends!!
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Megs,
ReplyDeleteWay to go on the exercise. You seem very focused with specific goals and looking down the road at the Big picture. I know you can do this. You're the best daughter a Mom and Dad could ever ask for. Keep up the great job!
love DAD