Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A good day of eating and small victory in managing my emotions

It was definitely tough to return to work after the long weekend, but I had a good day. Was busy, but I was productive for the most part, which is definitely a step in the right direction. I wore this green shirt dress that I got on super sale, and it is very unlike my usual pants and sweater top...i got many compliments and it was a very pretty green..I felt good about myself AND i was on time for work! woo hoo!!!

So, on the eating side, I did well..I am trying to eat 1000 calories a day..I had egg whites for breakfast (no cheese, which is tough for me)..i poured all this salsa on the eggs, only to realize it was super spicy and I couldn't really eat it, but still managed to eat a few with ketchup. for lunch I had honey maple turkey, lettuce, tomato and onion on toasted wheat with mustard (again, no cheese). i only ate one slice of the bread..I had baked lays with that. For dinner, I had one of the chick fil a chicken breasts from yesterday (no bun) and a salad..the only bad things the salad had was feta cheese (i estimated I had 3/4 of a cup, which i think is about right) and a lil olive oil in the dressing...not bad for a first day. I have been home since about 9:45 and while I want something sweet, I am resisting the urge to eat...I really am trying to eat only when hungry and not mindless eat...

On another note, I had an NSV today...I received an email that was unexpected and hurtful (though not intentional) from a friend...it was very upsetting to me and I wasn't sure if I was going to write back...after letting it sit for about 2 hours after some great advice from Mary, I decided to unload how I felt in email..i decided that no matter what the response back was, i had to share what was on my heart..I received a very nice email back apologizing profusely, saying it wasn't inteded, etc. really no point in going into the details, but I am very happy that I didn't let the situation send me into a tailspin downward emotionally, I didn't eat to deal with my feelings, I kept focused on work and I wrote the email well. And, it didn't deter my positive attitude! This is something that is key to my success.

So, my first fill is tomorrow...very excited but also a bit nervous to be honest...i think it will be a little kick in my butt..not in terms of eating healthy foods but in terms practicing the proper eating habits...I haven't been great about the not drinking with meals, eating slowly (though this weekend my friend could not believe how slow I ate), and avoiding certain dry foods...after my fill (which inserts fluids into my band and makes it more restrictive), i will be on liquids for two days and mushies for two days...so, back to the old ways!! but, I can do it..

so, my goal for tomorrow is to get up at 6 am and go to the gym before work..this will be a huge victory..not only going to the gym but also at that time...I'm going to do it though!!!

hope everyone had a good night...am very thankful for my family and friends tonight..especially my parents...

No comments:

Post a Comment