Wednesday, June 23, 2010

U.S.A...U.S.A!!



After taking a nap at 7:30 last night and sleeping through, I can't seem to sleep tonight! Perhaps it is because I am on a high from the World Cup game today...Today, I absolutely LOVED working on a trading floor..besides having TVs to watch, I loved the feeling and anticipation on the floor and how everyone erupted when we scored...I also sent my boss email updates and accidently cc'd the whole consumer banking group (including the head of I Banking)..whoops! The head of I Banking ended up emailing with me asking for updates though (he has NO clue who I am), so all ended up ok! I am really prefer more of the football player type / build, but the World Cup has been making the soccer players (sans the lack of height) look very good...Donovan is hot! The guys on my team kept telling me to look at the T.V. when he was on because they knew I thought he was cute!

Eating wise, I did well today until dinner..At dinner, I took too big of a bite, too fast of my pita sandwich (don't think the pita helped) and pb'd again..the Worst..plus, it happened right as I was talking to our summer analyst and all of a sudden I rush up to the bathroom..I really, really need to get better about focusing while eating..esp at work where I usually eat all my meals during the week...after that, my appetite was basically ruined until I was ravenous around 11 when I got home and had a bagel sandwich (if you haven't had the 100 calorie bagel thins, you must get them..delish). I need to stay focused though because my next mini goal (50 lbs) is scheduled for July 15th and I have about 9 to go..

Looking forward to the weekend coming up..Luckily though, work hasn't been too bad this week, until tonight was a late one. Tomorrow night I am going out to a Team dinner for someone who is moving to London, so will need to be cognizant..also, I think we are doing mexican, so need to either do skinny girl margarita (better tasting anyway) or sangria or wine...getting excited for Mary to come this weekend (one of my two friends who knows)..besides being so pumped to see her, it will be so nice to be able to openly share about my experience, eat with her, etc. haven't figured everything out but will definitely be watching the game on Saturday (her only request), doing drinks, dinner at Budakhan and some walking around..I also have Pilates so Mar will be in for some laughs...

I am loving reading everyone's blogs, and I have been more active and will continue to be about publically/officially following other blogs (after having done it privately for 2 months) and hopefully gaining a following..it will be nice to get a network of some bandsters..I literally look forward to reading everyones at night..

should probably try to sleep now...

6 comments:

  1. I just mentioned your blog on mine so hopefully you'll have some traffic come your way! There are a few NYC bandster bloggers who would be great resources for you.. look forward to hearing more about your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog from Sarah's blog and I look forward to following you on your journey! Please visit my blog and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Girle!!

    I also found your blog via Sarah! I was just banded a week ago, so I'm just starting this great journey. I'm looking forward to following you on yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for another NYC Bandster! I just found you on Sarah's blog! I look forward to reading your blog! <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Meg! First of all, I just read some of your earlier posts and I love your parents. Seriously, amazing support! I'm one of the NYC bandsters, so it's great to see you on here. I have a feeling from your description that we might have the same surgeon's office. We NYCer's get together every once in a while for brunch and we're due for one soon. Would be great to have you join. You can find me at jennyr1222.blogspot.com. Thanks to Sarah for helping us find you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sarah - thank you so much...it really means a lot, and I am very appreciative of what you did...i can't wait to get to know everyone better through this journey!

    Jacque and Ronke...I look forward to following your blogs as well and thank you so much for the support and post!

    Colls...yay for NYC bloggers!! it is so nice to know there are others out there in NYC who are also going through the ups and downs of this process in the city with its own challenges (and rewards!). I haven't read your blog until now, so I am really looking forward to catching up on everything!

    Jenny...another yay for NYC bloggers!! I have to say (i know it sounds creepy), but I feel like I know you from your blog! Your blog and Catherine's blog were the first ones that I found and it was even better you lived in NYC! and yes, I think we do have the same doctor's office..I see Kurian, who I really like...I would absolutely LOVE to join y'all for any get together and it would be so wonderful..Also, thank you for your comment about my parents..it is so true and I am lucky I know..

    I am soo excited for new friends, followers and support..it means a lot to me!! Looking forward to getting to know everyone and thank you in advance for the support in this journey!

    ReplyDelete