Friday, June 4, 2010

TGIF...Two days post fill and doing well

All I can say is TGIF!!! Sooo happy for the work week to be over. I didn't get much sleep last night, worked late and was cranky all day. Had a big meeting...and I just cannot read my boss. sometimes I think she thinks I'm doing a great job...other times, I feel like she thinks i'm doing horrible. I'm trying to get better about brushing things off, but it is definitely not my strong suit. hopefully a good night's rest will do me some good..

Now, past the boring details, I have been doing well post my fill. I must say that it is tough to go back to liquids/mushies after eating regular foods but it is good because it forces you to think, readjust and remember what this is all about. My problem over the past two days has been more a lack of preparation/time. Though, I really need to try to stop using lack of time as an excuse...In terms of eating, yesterday I had a protien shake for breakfast, vegetarian split pea soup for lunch (the only low calorie soup that was not chunky at Hale and Hearty AGAIN), a tiny bite of gelato (bad girl..but, I did tell him small scoop..the guy kept trying to give me more but I was trying to explain I didn't want more!). I had to eat at work last night, so I ordered tomato soup and a smoothie...I took one sip of the smoothie and didn't love it, so I threw it away..that is progress from what I would have done in the past. the tomato soup was delicious, but I could tell high in cals..I had about half of it, so I felt ok..I think i was still within the 1000 calorie range. Today, I was in a meeting from 8-12noon..of course, the bfast in the room was bagels, danish, fruit, etc..no oatmeal.haha..I just had some juice until about 11 when I was famished..they had mini muffins, and I had about half of one (and they were mini), eating very, very slow. Not ideal but my stomach was literally growling..on the growling point, I have to say I like when my stomach growls..not because it growls/I am hungry but because it means I am in touch with myself/hunger...for lunch, i just could not do the vegetarian pea soup again...Hale and Hearty had my favorite curry shrimp corn soup (320 cals for a small) and I just LOVE it. I really just like the curry flavor..I really debated on the cals, but I was dying for it. while eating it, I ate around the corn and shrimp as much as possible because I really just liked the brothish part...I would say i left about half the shrimp and corn in there so hoping I didn't get to the whole 320 cals..For dinner, I was really unsure what to do. i wanted some ricotta with blended meatballs but was too tired to go get anything..I ended up ordering some scrambled eggs with cream cheese, baked potato and one pancake (again had to explain that I only wanted one, was fine to pay for 3)..now, it sounds like a LOT of food, but I wanted a taste and wanted to save some of it for the next day. The pancake i know was a weakness...I wanted a taste while not perfectly mushy. So, I ate about 1/4 of the eggs, 1/4 of the pancake and none of the potato...I felt satisfied and full and wanted to stop..I then threw out the pancake but kept the eggs..I have kept the potato too but think I will throw out. I of course am now trying to fight head hunger and the urge to eat (my favorite friday night ritual) but I really like seeing the scale move down...Not the perfect eating day, but not the worst. I do feel like the band is helping with my hunger, but either way, it psychologically is helping me...

on the excercise front, I did not go yesterday or today. I'm not making excuses but I was at work until midnight last night and back at 7..I am planning though to go tomorrow and Sunday so will hopefully get my three days in for the week...I will definitely keep everyone updated..On another note, the suit I wore today was very big and loose..now, this is a suit that I had to buy about 2 months ago when I was popping out of my other suits (which now fit/are a bit big), but it is still a good sign...

Well, that is all for me tonight..I'm so tired. this post was not super exciting but I did it for my brother brian who has a big test tomorrow..I believe in him and I know that he will do great..he has been such a big support and key part of my success thus far (and the long road ahead)..along with my whole family and friends..but Bri, I love you and good luck!

MLM

No comments:

Post a Comment