Monday, August 9, 2010

A quick vaca post...so happy I told my friend and feeling motivated

So happy to be on vaca! I left NYC thursday night and flew home to ATL. Was in ATL hanging out with friends and family and am now in Miami with my Mom until Friday...a few highlights from the trip so far:

After thinking about it for a long time/wanting to tell her, I told my friend MJ on Friday about my band. She is only the third friend to know and someone that I wanted to know because she is such a wonderful person and friend..so supportive, so loving and I trust her...I am not planning on telling people one by one but she is someone I always wanted to tell and was finally able to see in person. Well, she could not have been more wonderful, loving, sweet and supportive. She was so happy for me, so supportive and loving. she was glad that I was feeling more like myselfI felt guilty about not telling her and she was telling me that I really have to rid myself of false guilt..also, she was very supportive and encouraging that this is my journey and if I don't want to tell people, it is not lying or being dishonest, even to my best friends. I just felt such joy, love and support after our conversation and she sent me the most beautiful email I will always treasure..I am excited to have another person on this journey with me..the prayers, love and support mean so much to me..

I also saw many of my best friends from High School who I hadn't seen since March. I got many compliments that I "looked great." it is funny bc I was feeling like no one noticed, then two of my closest friends (happened to be guys), leaned over and asked if I had lost weight. I know they still feel uncomfortable and don't want to embarrass me by asking but they both had noticed independently that I lost weight. in addition, one of their fiance's was raving about it and noticed I had lost "a lot" of weight. It was nice to feel the love and that people can actually tell a difference! Also, I just had a really great time!

Happy to finally be on vaca...we had a bit of drama with the rooms as they put us in the WORST room and I am not splurging on the hotel on my vaca (which i did a lot of research for) to not be happy with the room..but, got settled in a new room today. today we had bfast, got pedicures, and relaxed...this week will be just relaxing with pool and shopping, some beach. weather forecast is not great but hope it will get better...

On the band front, I think I am near perfect restriction! I was very good/strict on liquids Wed and Thurs and then mushies fri/sat. I can DEF tell I am restricted and I am having to eat very, very slowly. I am still making very good choices for the most part, which is important. I haven't had any real issues until Tonight, which was les mis. My mom and I ordered food in our room and I got a kid's size cheeseburger. well, while we were waiting, I had a few goldfish. then, I took my medicine with a big gulp of a drink..then, my medicine came up. i must have been a bit stuck and then I just could not keep anything down..so uncomfortable. I ended up having a shake with 150 cals and being able to eat about 3 bites of my burger...it just kind of reinforces that I must always think while eating. I am very aware, working on being slow, etc. but it is a bit of a reminder...I am very motivated though and will get this!

On a positive front, I went to the gym today! My goal is to go every day while I am here..i have no excuse of work or lack of time! my mom was taking a nap and I made myself go (and then I took a nap)...I did the elliptical machine for 33 minutes and then about 30 mins of pilates..felt good and I was proud of myself. I also weighed myself today and looking good (obviously on a different scale, so never know) but I am going to weight myself every day on that scale so I stay on track..

ok, falling asleep now. I have been cranky today my Mom says, so I better get some rest...thanks for the continued support and prayers..

-Meghan

PS - thanks to Kerri for nominating me for an award..I have to do a bit of work on my end to find new bloggers so likely going to have to wait on that post till I get back..

2 comments:

  1. Glad the trip went well! It sounds like you have an awesome friend who will help support you through this process :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are having fun and here is to restriction :-)

    ReplyDelete